How does Any Forums feel about Crash these days? I know people say the series is dead all the time...

How does Any Forums feel about Crash these days? I know people say the series is dead all the time, but I still enjoy these games. I just want Nitro-Fueled for PC though.

Attached: crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-coco-bandicoot-gamesoul.jpg (1920x1080, 278.68K)

>I just want Nitro-Fueled for PC
Well since Microsoft is getting Activision later this year and they have been more about gamepass and PC gaming than ever before, i do believe a port of CTR Nitro is very possible and it would likely be on gamepass.

Only good Crash games are 1-4 and CTR. 4 is only good if you just play through the levels not caring about gems. XS and NTranced are the only not terrible Vivendi Era Crash games, but I still don't think they are that great either; just okay platformers. Every other Crash game is bad. The good ones are quite good though.

Seeing as Crash 4 got leaked for a Steam launch a little while ago, I think this might also be the case for if CTR came to PC. I'm just hoping for the best.

I really enjoyed the N.sane trilogy, I platinumed all 3 games on it. Crash 4 was a slight disappointment. I do love the artstyle of 4 and the gameplay was tight, but they made it way too complicated and tedious to 106% or whatever it goes up to. That and I just wanna play as Crash and Coco, I don't want Dingodile as a good guy, I don't wanna play as nu-Tawna, I don't wanna play as Cortex, I just want old school fun classic Crash Bandicoot. Also the soundtrack for 4 was kinda shit.

Side note - in 5 days it'll be 5 years since the N.sane trilogy released, holy fuck time is going by way too fast.

Attached: Crash.png (2048x1583, 1.72M)

While Wumpa League or whatever its gonna be called isn't gonna be anything too classic, I'm at least a little excited to get more Crash. Even the mobile game that came out like a year ago is basically dead. This series must have some shitty Activision curse, and we're the ones suffering for it.

Good series mired by developmental issues and delivering games people weren't actually wanting.
Sucks that Crash 4 is both not mired in development issues, they had the time to do the best they could, nor is it explicitly something outside of what people wanted so even if it were quality and could appreciated for what it is as it's own thing, but it's too clearly an attempt at a classic crash game to not be measured against the original trilogy.
I've got basically zero confidence in them making a good game, or even a rushed game that in spite of its (development issue inflicted) flaws looks like it could have been something genuinely good.

Attached: 53153151.gif (360x640, 2.82M)

I also feel as though one of the biggest issues with Crash is that there are hardly any devs outside of Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob that would be able to properly replicate the whole "corridor 3d platformer" style that Crash really dominated. Even when talking about popular platforming devs, they only know 2D games that replicate SNES titles, or 3D games that replicate Mario 64. I can't even think of an indie example that tries to replicate the Crash formula.

Attached: dallemini_2022-6-21_19-44-0.png (768x923, 1.07M)

cool gif

That's because the corridor style gameplay is inferior to both 2d platformers and linear 3D platformers that utilize the space more like Mario 3D World. The corridor style is more restrictive than other 3D platformers, but not nearly as tight as a 2D platformer. Only reason to do a corridor platformer is to make a "spiritual successor" for Crash fans.

Bought the trilogy to play with my niece and I definitely don’t remember them being this hard

Attached: 3AF78F62-0F35-43C0-A54D-60F6AD7D3582.jpg (873x797, 96.86K)

If it makes you feel any better, the collisions fucked up, and if you played the original, especially if you've done like all platinum relics it's going to fuck you up.

1-3, CTR, and bash are cool games. had a nice set of remakes beside crash 2. got reburied when they tried to do one new game because it sucked. was a nice revival even if it ended abruptly.

Attached: 1653891634356.jpg (391x393, 44.9K)

Yeah, I can understand that. The only "proper" Crash game that follows a different approach is Twinsanity, and even then, that game was wholly unfinished, and the corridors in that game were mainly for transitions. While fun, it still could have been a lot more than what came out.

It won't happen. All the remade Crash and Spyro games have mechanics tied to FPS. It would have to have its code rewritten so that going above 60FPS doesn't give you an advantage.
They never released any statements about it but I believe that this is the sole reason why Nitro-Fueled wasn't ported to PC and probably never will be.

Attached: crash slow down.png (500x399, 201.14K)

It takes some getting used to again but it's pretty fun. Shouldn't take too long to max out either. The achievements don't include plat relics.
The collisions are fucked up, true. Sliding off of the platforms' edges is common. When I was doing plat Stormy Ascent it was happening way too often.

Attached: cranky wankycoot.png (1270x471, 859.78K)

Not getting in smash was devastating to crashfags so much so the series had to die again

Wumpa League will resurrect and save the series.

Attached: crashchan.png (420x379, 128.42K)

4 was sick for the most part. I hear the racer is pretty cool too. Considering how bottom of the barrel the series was awhile ago, I'd call it a win to have a second coming of fame. Most IPs don't even one chance at the Wumpa.

Why the hell do people keep posting these images on every board?

It's a bot propagating the popularity of itself