This useless and deprecated feature is so deeply woven into the gamebryo engine that bits of its code are still present...

>this useless and deprecated feature is so deeply woven into the gamebryo engine that bits of its code are still present in fallout 76
Did Bethesda really think the speechcraft wheel was gonna be the best thing ever in an RPG?

Attached: Piece_o_pie.jpg (504x495, 190.19K)

Man that shit was retarded

I am such a little autistic tard that I speech 100d every guard in the imperial city so I could just take things everywhere when I was 12

I don't like that it tells you the best option, I think it would be better if you had to do it on your own

It doesn't tell you the best option, it shows the impact that option will have, be it negative or positive. Or at least that's how I remember it.

I don't know why people give it such shit relative to all of the other mechanics in Bethesda games. It's just as bad if not better than most of the other 'minigames' in Elder Scrolls/Fallout
I also prefer it over having a hidden 0-4 disposition in Skyrim that you can only influence through very specific, rarely available actions

How does it work?
it works right?

Its better then how it was in morrowind, being able to see their facial response to the option before hand instead of just randomly clicking them. Also, in morrowind you could max it out and then leave the room and they'd stop liking you wasting all that time or bribe money you wasted on them.
Also, I think it was pretty clear whenever you could use it to get something you wanted from a quest in oblivion, I remember it being really unclear when it was needed for a quest in morrowind. I only really ever remember using it to threaten people for 5 minutes until they'd start a fight with me so I could kill them without pissing off the guards.

I actually like the wheel, wish we could use it to start fights similar to Morrowind

The important thing is that we've learned our lesson from ever buying shitthesda games ever again.

Attached: 1656007492570.jpg (576x417, 126.58K)

>Its better then how it was in morrowind
No it's not. Playing an autistic minigame is not better than your skill actually mattering.
>Also, in morrowind you could max it out and then leave the room and they'd stop liking you wasting all that time or bribe money you wasted on them.
That's only true for bribes, speechcraft changes were permanent.

That'd be nice, but there are unironic Bethesda fans here.

Vanguard Saga of Heroes had an even worse version. Man that game was shit.

Attached: Vanguard2[1].jpg (1280x800, 391.18K)

You gauge the NPC's preferences of the 4 options via their facial animations by hovering over them and then you click the wedge when it's big for an option they like and when it's small for an option they dislike. Each option can only be selected once per round. I think the wedges actually turn clockwise or something so if you really want to minmax you can figure out the absolute best way to do it each time, but I might be remembering wrong.

Honestly it's a clever minigame but its implementation is really broken, once you understand how it works it's way too easy to maximise disposition with NPCs. They really should have used the gameplay for something else, or limit how often you can do it if it was going to affect disposition.

Each NPC would be very amused, slightly amused, slightly annoying and very annoyed by one of the four options and you had to use all four options each time you 'played' the minigame.
Because the wheel would rotate clockwise each time you chose one of the options, you wanted to set it up that you got the biggest bonus to the option the NPC liked, and the smallest to the one they hated, with the option to rotate the wheel clockwise one time per game with the rotate option.
It wasn't exactly deep but as far as Bethesda goes I thought it was better than most of the other shit they make you do in these games.

Attached: ENTICING.jpg (219x341, 13.52K)

Wait, guards let you get away with shit if they like you?

If you max approval with a guard and steal something or break into a place they'll let you off the hook with a warning. I'm pretty sure outright murder is the only thing they won't tolerate. So if you fail a pickpocket or get spotted but your approval with some guard standing by a gate is high his dialogue changes or I think theres an option to ask him to let it slide for this time.

holy shit

Fun fact you can do this with enemy npcs too if you cast a spell that makes their deposition to 100 while sneaked and talk to a deadra they wont attack you and enter into a convo with you although all they do is growl.

Having high personality and high despo with alot of people raises your fame much faster and fame/personality can be so high it overrides thier agro. This means you can clear entire dungeons because every npc likes you on sight.

and then you compare the four impacts dumbass

This would be really cool if there wasn't a save system that got you out of every jam anyway.