New tech that makes lighting and shadows realistic

>new tech that makes lighting and shadows realistic
>absolutely zero stealth games that use raytracing

whats the point?

Attached: 4.jpg (1280x720, 337.97K)

>new realistic reflections tech
>every game has random puddles everywhere now

The point is to obsolete old hardware so you have to buy newer more expensive hardware. Quality doesn't factor into this equation.

>Yes goy, buy the new 600 dollars graphics card so you can have better looking water puddles and windows
Nah, I'll pass.

I'm not buying a new graphics card just to have permanent screen space reflections.

Metro Exodus did amazing things with ray traced lightning effects but so far it's the only game i've seen with a good implementation that goes beyond fucking puddles and metal reflections.

>Splinter Cell Complete Collection decompiled remasters of every Splinter Cell game
>VR/stereoscopic 3D, 4K HDR, 144fps and ray tracing support
>3D audio for Dolby Atmos and VR HRTF
>all eight games combined with every version of each game to build the ultimate versions
>new QoL features
>second screen support with a radar similar to GameCube-GBA connectivity, the 3DS version of Chaos Theory and the Wii U version of Blacklist
>tfw this will never happen

Who wants to reverse-engineer each game one by one?
It would be easier going from game to game since they're all running on Unreal Engine 2.

incredibly, all of you retards completely missed the fucking point of what i was saying

ITS HOW ABOUT A STEALTH GAME WHERE YOU HIDE IN THE SHADOWS HAVE RAY TRACING TECH

youre all actual brain dead fucking morons that cant read, all you see is raytracing then go into an ape frenzy, screeching, pissing and cumming over how much you hate rayrtracing

Attached: 20220624004420_1.jpg (1920x1080, 159.31K)

This nigger looking at puddles?wtf VIDEOGAMES?

Fanmade decompiled/reverse-engineered remasters of all the Splinter Cell games would be kino.

>Game with poor lightning because everything is dark
>BRO RAY TRACING WOULD WORK SO WELL IN THIS GAME LIKE BRO THIS IS A MILLION DOLLARS IDEA BRO LIKE FR FR NO CAP BRO
Think before you hit submit post.

eh you added too much bullshit
currently playing splinter cell 1, modded with the ps3 hd textures and widescreen patch. runs smoothly, some things are buggy but the gameplay is kino

>>Game with poor lightning because everything is dark
what the fuck are you talking about? its suppose to be dark you brain dead monkey

Attached: 20220624203209_1.jpg (1920x1080, 584.27K)

Dude, you are braindead retarded.

Still, there is no perfect version of the eight games. Even the PC version has flaws compared to the Xbox version.
HDR rendering (not output) is supported starting with Chaos Theory, 3D audio is supported already with EAX, and stereoscopic 3D is on the PS3 HD Trilogy and Chaos Theory on 3DS.

If some Splinter Cell fans basically reverse engineer each Splinter Cell game, it would be great. I have little faith that it would be better than a fan version.

The whole point of RTX is to have better lightning effects and reflections.
You're asking for a game where everything is dark except maybe for some lights in the distance you will either shoot or walk around. The Splinter Cell games in particular are a terrible example because you spend 90% of the time using either night or thermal vision, completely nullifying any benefit you could get from RTX.

because stealth games have never been realistic so raytracing doesn't do much for them

Would be cool where rtx is the norm so you are expecting to check puddles for enemies, like mirrors

This
Also
Doom 2016 was able to do that shit without raytracing, even up close

Attached: 379720_20211021213255_1.jpg (2715x1527, 1.44M)

that’s totally worth the loss of 100fps

But if you look down the reflection disappears and that ruins my enjoyment of the game.
I must consoom the 1000 dollars graphics card so I can look down and not lose my reflections.

the truth it rt is worthless. you don't play video games to stop and admire puddles and mirrors, you play video games because they're fun. and you don't even need rt for mirrors. hitman 2 and 3 have mirrors and the npcs react to your reflection in them when you do stuff like a pull a gun that they can see in the mirrors reflection.

Because it'd be financial suicide to waste thousands of man hours and development on a game that wouldn't run worth a shit on some systems/consoles, or at all on older PC builds? What's the question, here?

>But if you look down the reflection disappears
Does it? THat doesn't look like screenspace reflections to me.

Then they're pre-baked reflections, which is even worse.

>super shiny ultra realistic graphix
>can barely fucking see other players

You can really tell when a dev studio doesn't actually play their own games

>new tech that only makes work easier
>market it as better and more realistic graphics
>retards eat it up