Shitposting aside, why can you make a fun game where we don't have adversaries, antagonists, villains...

Shitposting aside, why can you make a fun game where we don't have adversaries, antagonists, villains, heroes and virtues but we cant make fun books and movies with those elements out?

Attached: Peter_Paul_Rubens_-_The_Coronation_of_the_Hero_of_Virtue.jpg (479x529, 43.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LlzLnVl8qQo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

strong narratives rely on those things to stand on their own legs. Videogames are primarily based around interactivity and so aren't necessarily beholden to a narrative for their entertainment value. By contrast, literature and movies are passive entertainment and can only rely on narrative for their entertainment value.

Do not you consider gameplay mechanics like scores and losing an antagonist in contrast of you, the player the protagonist fighting against them?

A story needs a conflict. Otherwise you get a plot aimed at young children.

Attached: esjqcibrj5omcn6bdeqjt655ht43atuc_hq.jpg (612x477, 44.79K)

Because The Hero's Journey

But can you have interactivity without an opposing force?

Is it even possible not to have a conflict in a story? post 5 games that do this

You can. Look for the type of plot where it’s protagonist vs self rather than protagonist vs rival. There’s plenty of fun shows without antagonists. Cardcaptor Sakura barely had an antagonist, the whole plot was for her to get out of her comfort zone. And there are many shows like this too. Yuru Camp is a really nice show without a villain either, it’s about a girl facing challenges of camping and goign to farther campsites.

But all those examples you gave had antagonists.

Entropy runs the fastest in video games.

The opposing force with interactivity is physics and game design

>I don't know what I want, but I don't want anything I've had
Why are modern humans like this? Is it because of fried dopamine receptors?

Seek knowledge about post scarcity in the great empires of the past.

>don't want anything I've had
No one is this picky, wether they believe it or not. They'll enjoy what they've had before.
There are books like that though. I guess in a meta sense the antagonist would be your boredom though.

Because games don't necessarily require "humanistic objects" in them.
It's just requires "objects" at least.

>There are books like that though
name 5

Sure you can. Take a look at Barbie or Sesame Street games.

Otherwise you get either surrealist nonsense or you get surrealist children's nonsense.
Btw, there are surrealist nonsense shows out there.
And educational documentaries on things like maths and physics. Do they count as movies?

youtube.com/watch?v=LlzLnVl8qQo
SUPA HERRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

not him but A Story About My Uncle would fit this description

they are full of conflict user

i hate books