Is this a decent version of mgs3 or should i just play the ps2 version

Is this a decent version of mgs3 or should i just play the ps2 version

Attached: latest[1].jpg (640x569, 131.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/games/franchise/292-metal-gear
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I played it on the original 3DS XL with the circle pad pro attachment. Clunky controls, but manageable. The 3D gimmick quickly became boring though, especially because it affected the framerate. So I turned it off. Got like halfway through the game, the framerate was still bad though, so ultimately I gave up and figured I ever wanna play this again, PS2 it is. It may be better on the new 3DS models with more processing power, but on the original ones... Yeah man, slow as fuck, even more so if you use the 3D effect.

It controls like ass

God no, MGS 3 strives on how well it looked for a PS2 game.

Shit. Go ps2 or the remaster on vita or ps3.

>The 3D gimmick quickly became boring though, especially because it affected the framerate. So I turned it off.
No problem, because the 3D gimmick is permanently disabled once Snake loses his eye

I think the PS3 version really good.

The cool thing about this version other than it being portable, is that you can make your own camos.

horrible

play ps2/ps3

not bad but not exactly the best way to experience the game for the first time, maybe on an emulator

Is this actually true or not? Some people say it is and others don't. I haven't played MGS since PS2 so I vaguely remember after you lose the eye the first person aiming is dark on one side

I've never played any msg games but they look cool where do I begin?
I have about most consoles expect for a play station 3 if i need one I can pick one up money is no problem

Start with the original and work your way up.

MGS1 is where most people begin. If you really want to you can go back and play Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2. Ideally I guess you would get, Metal Gear Solid The Legacy Collection which features most of the main series games except I believe Metal Gear 1 and 2 are download codes and not on the discs which are likely expired by now so that kinda sucks.
That or just emulate them, thats another pretty good option, but either way play them in order of release, starting with MGS1 or Metal Gear if you really feel like it even though its like 35 years old and is an MSX2 game.

It's an impressive port but it has some serious flaws. I'd say go for the HD re-release on PS3 and 360, the ps2 is also a good way to play but make sure its subsistence

just get the legacy collection for ps3, it literally has every mgs game and is only 20 dollars i think.

>msg games
Legacy Collection but thats PS3 onry so I don know gweilo.

Attached: pepechang.jpg (700x697, 88.58K)

No it's only turned off for the one cutscene, you can keep using the 3D after

Runs well on new hardware, old shit had to flush the home menu out of ram just to run games it wasn't great it's why there's a delay tapping home

Like most things, release order.
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/games/franchise/292-metal-gear
MGS1 -> MGS2 -> MGS3 -> MGS4 -> Piece Walker -> Ground Zeroes -> MGS5 The Phantom Pain

The Legacy Collection is probably the best collection and has all the games up to Piece Walker but its PS3 only, if you can emulation PS3 games well then you also have that option otherwise its hunting down the other games separately. You don't have to play the original MSX games of Metal Gear 1&2 as MGS1 gives a brief summery but they are still pretty fun if you like 2D zelda with stealth.

There's another HD remaster on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Vita called "Metal Gear Solid HD Collection" but this one only goes up to MGS3 and doesn't include MGS 1 since you could play that one on PSN classics. You can either play MSG1 on the PS1, emulation, PSN classic(PSP or PS3), or modding those consoles and playing them.

If you end up enjoying the series then the spinoffs are alright too if you don't mind them being in different genres. Hope that's everything.

game was intended to be played on a TV

>PSN classic(PSP or PS3)
Oh and forgot the Vita also has the option for PSN classic or modding