PATH OF EXILE

Can this game be enjoyed completely free?

If not, please recommend me some good (and cheap preferably) arpg games. I've never played the genre and I would like to give it a try.

Attached: Path-of-Exile-Symbol.png (3840x2160, 1.9M)

Yes the only thing to buy is stash space

Not OP but how essential would that be? Im thinking about trying it this week

enjoyed? yeah but you do kinda need the stash tabs to sell shit and have some actual inventory space.

Some people might say you can play completely f2p but you'd be inconveniencing yourself massively if you didn't actually buy the stash tabs.

You can give a try without buying them though and see how much you enjoy the game. Then you can decide if you wanna buy the tabs and keep playing

I enjoyed it for about 3 different builds halfway into maps. You don't really need to buy stash space unless you're autistic or a farmer.

you won't need the extra stash tabs until well into end game, by which point you'd know if you'd like to spend the 10 bucks or whatever

If you're trying the game out and learning, not very essential. I think I played 3 leagues (each league is ~3 months) like that before I finally decided to spend money and buy more stash space during their sales.
Once you get a handle on what you're doing and playing a couple characters you'll prob want to upgrade tho

You could just play a truly free game

Attached: https___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_220621104347-diablo-immortal[1].jpg (1200x675, 105.64K)

Stash tabs are nice but not required. You really ahouldnt hoard aything but maps. Everything you while moving through story and a out map t10 can be tossed providing its not a direct upgrade.
Not being able to sell to other players can suck but chaos orb farm is easy and will let you buy most stuff you need.

yes you can enjoy it totally free, however once you're like 15-20 hours in you will probably wanna buy a currency stash tab (to store currency items) it's about 5 bucks normally i think. as well as that there are other useful stash tabs, such as a public stash tab that will allow you to sell items on the trade site etc. stash tabs are generally cheap and useful, everything else is just cosmetic shit which is the really expensive stuff (50 bucks+)
by the time you get to the point where you would want/need stash tabs, you will know whether you wanna go further in the game or not. and by that point you will have played more than 5 bucks worth of value imo so it's worth

It's not essential but it is very convenient. Anyway, since you are a beginner, I'd say there is no point in considering that yet.
You can play PoE completely free.

However, you should be warned, the game isn't very beginner friendly. Check builds with "League starter" or "Budget" if you want to get the most out of your first character, but you're free to try without a guide too.

Not necessary but spending 5 buck just to buy stash improve your life quality by 5000%.

same

the first couple of seasons i played i didn't understand the game at all and barely made it into end game

90% of items that drop are useless, most unique items that aren't good for your character you can just sell instead of hoarding. same goes for skill gems unless they're high quality

Yes, except expect to spend a lot of time learning about character builds and mechanics. Or you could just grab some flavor of the month build off a website and use that, but I feel like that's playing the game blind.

Depends on how into the game you are. If you want to do all the postgame stuff, a map and currency stash tab might as well be mandatory, which runs like $10 on the regular monthly sale. If you're just completing the base game, you don't need anything.

Most of it can be enjoyed free
Once you get to end-game mapping, you're going to need at least a currency tab, map tab, and a map fragment tab
They do stash tab sales every 2 weeks.

go to bed chris. no one is going to play this shit.

By the time you get to lvl 30 if you don't spend 5 bucks for the currency tab you'll be miserable

Poe is so bad it makes my brain hurt.

Attached: UGHHH.jpg (696x1014, 103.94K)

you can play the game for free with no problems whatsoever. you'll be somewhat deep into the endgame by the time stash expansions become a concern, and at that point you can decide for yourself if you want to spend 20ish bucks on that
stash space is permanent and carries over between characters/ladder resets

this game is not made to be enjoyable
its made to be a slot machine degenerate simulator

the developers are spreadsheet autists who don't know what goes into a good game. they just made a glorified number cruncher that is already solved by a community made program called path of building

do not waste your time, it is shit and is completely degenerate

Just do what the hey hey funny man does. Life and damage. Also make sure your resistances are capped. Everything else is just personal preference.

>Can this game be enjoyed completely free?
No and I like the game. If you actually want to play a character and make it good you 100% need stash tabs.

Path of Exile can only be enjoyed if you are mentally unwell.