Now that the dust has settled, was he right?

now that the dust has settled, was he right?

Attached: removerandomcrits.jpg (1280x720, 119.49K)

nah

no it makes the game exciting. living on the edge is fucking fun(in video games)

No, tf2 isn't supposed to be a balanced comp-friendly game.

>muh competition
>muh e-sport
>muh min-maxing
No.

Yes. Only shitters want them to remain.

Crits only matter if you're a sixes troon; and they already disable those.

If you can't adapt and adjust your tactics on the fly then you're not very good at the game, now are you?

IMO a good compromise would be keeping them but only on melee weapons. Most of the time when something funny happens with random crits, it's when it's from a melee weapon (like a sticky jumping demoman one-shotting someone with his pan). Meanwhile, most of the annoying bullshit regarding random crits comes from ranged weapons (especially crockets and pills). Not to mention that hoping for a crit is the only reason people bother using melee weapons as actual weapons 90% of the time (unless you're demoman or spy ofc).

Attached: Consider the following.gif (500x374, 499.58K)

>get hit by crit rocket
>die immediately with no chance to react
wow nice tactics

cry more and get good

I think they are dumb, but I main Soldier so I get them probably the most, so its funny watching other people demand we keep something making me more powerful, so I can't care too much either way.

>cries that something is unfair
>says everyone else is a shitter
Compniggers, everyone.

Stop getting hit.

They don't even function the way they're supposed to. Ostensibly they're there to break stalemates, but in reality they let the winning team snowball since your crit chance scales with the total amount of damage you're doing. How many times have you seen an attacking team start to make a good push out of a chokepoint just for a crit sticky to kill half of them and have the game reset back to a shoot back-and-forwards down a hallway?

>but in reality they let the winning team snowball
Translation:
>WAAAAAH THE GAME REWARDS PEOPLE FOR BEING BETTER THAN ME

I don't know this video, or whatever, nor who made it. I do know that he's wrong.

No random crits for explosive classes. That is it.

Crits are too strong for demomen and soldiers, who never needed the extra help in the first place. Add damage falloff to crits and they would be ok but demomen and soldiers getting immediate death radius nukes while everyone else just gets stronger boolet that is still subject to the same spread you always have is unfair.

no

no

no

Melee weapons should have random crits.

Medic and Sniper ruin tf2's balance far more than crits. A good medic will let any team steamroll because crits/uber is so op that it forces the enemy team to have a medic and a guy dedicated to picking the enemy medic (which is usually guarded by a heavy or a soldier). Sniper also forces another Sniper and is terrible unfun to deal and is too effective at what he does.
In terms of the most bullshit gay things in tf2 its
Sniper > Medic > Wrangler > Scout > Soldier with gunboots > Crits > 3K hour demo