Be me

>be me
>teaching a middle school language arts class
>end of the year project is a presentation on your favorite narrative work
>notice my most autistic student is more excited than usual
>he submits his proposal: a sculpture, written review, and powerpoint presentation of the game Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach
>the kid has been having a rough term and this is the first thing he has had spark his interest
>knowing what me and the 44 other students in my class may be getting into, I allow his proposal. It's been a rough year and I want to be entertained as we close things up.

SO IT BEGINS

Attached: b97fc693511eb41fb8dfa6927258711e.jpg (640x493, 64.43K)

>his sculpture starts first
>asks me for quick dry clay, acrylic paints, and misc supplies that don't seem outlandishly odd. I supply all
>for some reason, his autism has been channeled like never before and he spends a week sculpting
>he restarts three times and works through each class and recess
>holy fuck son relax
>won't let me see the sculpture, and takes it home with him each night. a little weird but whatever
>notice that his friends have stopped hanging out with him, figure it's just due to his hyper autism and think nothing of it
>on to week 2: written review time

Attached: ohno.png (479x397, 445.21K)

Well dont keep us hanging! What happened next? The

in our classroom students have two main ways to show their writing: traditionally via pencil and paper, or digitally via word processing on their tablets.

>student starts working for the first time on google docs via their tablet. they had never touched it before now
>tries to start his review by using the touch keyboard but quickly gets frustrated
>makes sense, touch keyboards are trash
>I recommend he tries out the voice to text feature
>tries that out too but spergs out on his classmates for making too much noise and fucking up his speech recognition
>calm down son
>grab a bluetooth keyboard and pass it to him next
>this is the golden ticket and he spends the next 4 days typing nonstop in a display of textbook hyperfocus
>by this point, ha hadn't hung out with his usual friends for 4 school days.
>something is up

Attached: ohnoo.png (556x471, 521.25K)

I'm really hoping this doesn't end with this kid showing off a fanfiction filled with deviantart tier fetishes

Feels kinda shitty to post it here, even anonymously. But I’m glad you are

Should have typed this all out in Word, Notepad, or whatever before starting the story dump. Anyways, what happened next?

By the end of week 2, he asks me what the minimum length is for his written review. I tell him as long he feels necessary but to keep things tight. He seems confused by this, which is weird to me since he hadn't put in any effort all year...what's the big deal?

>user, do you know how to check the word count?
>"no."
>tell him how and to report back where he's at to gauge his progress
>he does and asks if 6561 words is too long for a written review
>whatthefuck.jpg
>user how the hell did you manage to write a college essay's worth of text on Five Night's at Freddy's?
>"I just did what Roxy told me."

Attached: ohnooo.png (418x444, 175.46K)

Okay now you’re pushing it.

fake

>"I just did what Roxy told me."
Was believable until this point.

Kids say some stupid fucking shit, especially autistic ones. I've worked as a teacher before and I can buy it, But we'll have to see how the rest of the story pans out

Honestly I'm just here for the ride.
Anyone want some ice cream or something?

Attached: cookie-dough-detail.png (374x479, 67.42K)

I'll take some ice cream as long as you're buying

Calling BS.
You should have his 504 and knew what was going to happen.

Also, being a ELA teacher, you should have a rubric that outlines how long it should be, yet you say "long he feels necessary"?

>about to go to sleep
>see this thread
>OP posts like a turtle
Hurry up man. It’s 3am here and I’ve been awake for 28 hours

By this point I realized I had fucked up and that he had gone full retard. However I mark based off content and learning outcomes, not class. The kid desperately needs a grade boost to bump up his end year marks and I don't have the heart or fucks left to give to coach him out of whatever abyss he's dove into.

>who is Roxy?
>"She's a character from the game and one of my best friends!"
>user how can she be your friend if she's a video game character?
>he shrugs and either doesn't or pretends not to hear me
>"Our review is more of an interview. I ask Roxy about Freddy's and she tells me about what she feels. I put a lot of work into it Mr. OP, you'll love it!"
>"Our Review"
>what the fuck

by this point I'm morbidly curious and ask to read it, and he lets me read the first day. Apparently he had broken the interview up over the week and each day in class marked one session with Roxy. Roxy's dialogue is spoken from her perspective, and user's is spoken from his. He went full schizo and had been talking to himself for over a week, which is why his friends had drifted away.

>oh no

doing the best I can faggots. I just finished report cards for the year and I'm trying to burn this memory as quickly as possible

Attached: ohnoooo.png (390x451, 157.7K)

Ok I've got some money to burned, what flavour do you want?
Also I've got some extra change for some treats as well so what else do you want with your ice cream?

Attached: Ice cream aisle.jpg (768x1024, 211.18K)

photos of his work or it didnt happen and youre bullshitting

Attached: eqqt45252452542.gif (100x128, 239.82K)

Classic cookies and cream is fine. I know it would probably be impossible, but if you could get the BYU cookies and cream milk as well that would be a perfect combination

Attached: BYUCreameryCC_FrontR.jpg (600x800, 373.72K)

I don't recognize any of those. I'll take cookies and cream if they've got it. I don't want anything with my ice cream.

Ok fine, I'll buy that milk for you as well.
Alrighty then, still got time to think it over before I pay for it.

Didn't know what specific cookies and cream ice cream you two wanted so I just got these, did I get the right one?

Attached: Cookies and cream ice cream.jpg (540x540, 55.11K)

based kid

Attached: 1632841065904.png (1500x1385, 942.42K)

>44 other students
What the fuck.

I want mint chocolate chip and vanilla cookie dough and dr pepper

>when your thread is so shit the most interesting thing talked about is different types of ice cream

Jesus Christ, Any Forums really IS poopy shitty doo-doo

Looks good to me. Muchas thank-you's user