Just bought this. I've never played a DMC game...

Just bought this. I've never played a DMC game. Can I just play DMC5 or should I start with the first one to be able to follow the story and get the references? I bought the HD Collection too just in case.

Attached: 1631561570049.png (1920x1280, 2.81M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cYlmQpV1WZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8tOaIGUSeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=R4RvEmSRVbo
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5HBJ2S3FzM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Should I play the 5th game in a series
You tell me, bro. Start with the HD collection, then 4 and finally 5.

The story in DMC games does not matter, it is a gameplay-first series. Just because Itsuno forgot this doesn't change anything. I skipped all the cutscenes in 5 and it was still really good.

You can play 5 and understand most of it just fine. As long as you know enough of DMC from Any Forums memes (Dante is a wacky woohoo pizza man with an edgy brother named Vergil whose mom is a woman and whose dad is a demon) you’re basically set.

>Should I play the 5th game in a series
but I played the 5th Elder Scrolls first and I was able to follow everything yeah, you're right

You bought the HD collection, you may as well play it.

Attached: 1655419459739.jpg (1080x1080, 477.93K)

3 and 5 are really the only ones you need to play.

It really doesn't matter, the story takes a back seat to the gameplay. If you're interested in story play 3, that one has the best one.

The story is abysmal and the franchise barely has an identity. They can't even settle on what the main character looks like. That said, play 1-5. 1 is the only good one.

I heard 2 and 4, especially 2, have no relation to the rest of the story, are pretty bad and should be skipped. is that true?

Start with 3/5.
DMC1 has a great atmosphere. Everything else feels pretty dated though.
youtube.com/watch?v=cYlmQpV1WZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8tOaIGUSeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=R4RvEmSRVbo
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5HBJ2S3FzM

1 is good
2 is shit
3 is great
4 is decent
5 is great

Play 1,3, and 5. 4 is a nice introduction to Nero but isn't all that fun.

I'm not buying this on PC because it's not like the special edition on consoles. I want an RTX update and all the other shit.

I recommend playing 1 3 and 4 first, but at the absolute least play 3 first.
you're doing yourself a disservice by playing 5 first.

This

just play 3 and 5. The story is garbage mate..

release order. Not for the story, it's so you can learn the mechanics from the start and adjust to the new ones as they're introduced in the correct order.
If you're playing games for the story you should go back to netflix.

Dante, Vergil, and Nero unironically have kino storylines

Attached: 1538874866387.jpg (933x900, 449.57K)

both story and mechanics are equally important, though

>but isn't all that fun.
It's plenty of fun and one playthrough is quick there's no reason not to play it.