Why do devs give streamers special treatment? And why are zoomers not only okay with it, but also actively defending it?

Why do devs give streamers special treatment? And why are zoomers not only okay with it, but also actively defending it?

Attached: 1656016687131.jpg (656x371, 58.89K)

we give large streamers special treatment because they are celebrities and every single celebrity gets special treatment once we know it's them because just the minor mention they played or still play the game can bring in a horde of new players.

why do you think we did those "hello I am a celebrity and I play this game. this is what I play" commercials back in the day? for laughs?

because streaming is advertising

>automatically assumes it's an "issue" that needs to be "fixed" because he's streamer royalty and is entitled to a beta invite

you underestimate their influence

this

>why are zoomers okay with this?
same reason boomers are okay with actual celebrities making a million dollars from saying "buy the insurance" on tv

I'm not going to lie, but I have a lot of video game ideas that I keep considering actually attempting to make, and I'll admit that with one of them I explicitly considered sending a copy to Maximilian Dood and Caleb Hart because I think they'd like it. Obviously, I'd post it here, too, though.

Then I remember I don't want people to be happy and go back to masturbating.

nerf sunwell now and put the wow token in for wrath and start banning bots more

>Why do devs give streamers special treatment?
Because they are virtually free advertisement.
>why are zoomers not only okay with it, but also actively defending it?
Simple answer is zoomers are fucking faggots. Complicated answer is zoomers are brainrotten faggots.

Free advertisement, also it doesn't look good for your brand if they're publicly voicing their issues they're having with it
>And why are zoomers not only okay with it, but also actively defending it?
Celebrity and wealth worship is at an all time high with the youth. Nothing matters besides social media following and money.

Ever heard The Void or Pathologic?

You can make videogames -and- not make people happy.

Attached: DtONhaxVYAIVFM4.jpg (2048x1536, 162.58K)

They’re the nuevo riche of celebrity culture. It’s shitty that it exists but predictable since a ton of people are retards. I’ve heard people say that this e-celeb shit is a bubble but I don’t think I buy it.

Because they are unpaid advertisers who get minor kickbacks for positive reviews

It's not a bubble. They're part of vidya advertising now. Like that one user said before, they're basically free. Paying 10k to some schmuck who gets hundred thousands unique viewers a day is very cost-effective marketing.

I hate any streamers that do that cross promotion masked as genuine friendship. It feels like some gay ass reality tv show for losers that want to feel like they have "cool" friends. None of them are funny, smart or have any interesting opinions about anything. I like dr disrespect and T1s spergouts can be funny sometimes but most of them are human waste.

She's coming for your favorite franchise, user.

Attached: sonikoro.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

It gets even better actually, they're paid very little for how much they impact sales. People feel like their favorite streamer playing a game is an endorsement, and so sales tend to be higher on average from other forms of advertising
"I bought this because so and so was playing it on stream and it looked fun" is far more common than "I bought this game because I saw an ad on instagram"

Hell it's literally revived games like Among Us, to demonstrate how cost effective it really is, you're GUARANTEED sales, that's so rare when it comes to vidya advertising

Streamers are the new form of marketing. Cheaper, too, you could just fire most of your marketing department and hire some e-celeb to shill your shit and expect the same outcome, really.

because their advertising the game to thousands of people lol

are you fucking retarded? you seriously need this explained to you?

Because we generate them traffic and money from playing their games, so they pay us. If you have a talent you'd be retarded to give it away for free.

Humanity chose this. The alternative is to have ad spots on popular television networks. Which would you rather have?