Why cant bethesda into AI for its npcs?

Why cant bethesda into AI for its npcs?

Attached: prop hunt.webm (854x480, 842.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2010/08/14/why-there-are-no-ladders-in-fallout
youtube.com/watch?v=bcldooi4oUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

KEK

They still cannot do ladders. Even NES games had working ladders lmao

>They still cannot do ladders
It's a design decision. Why do you think the engine couldn't handle it or they wouldn't be able to implement it?

>Why do you think the engine couldn't handle it or they wouldn't be able to implement it?
They had a 2008(?) interview about it. They admitted they cannot do ladders so in fallout 3 they act like doors that lead you to new areas.

ign.com/articles/2010/08/14/why-there-are-no-ladders-in-fallout

How is FO4 with guns modded out? Inherently flawed cause of damage sponges like deathcrawlers and sentry bots?

Let's see you do better. Im waiting

hello newfag

>Do my job for me

*farts loudly*

They actually can.

Anything is possible, these people aren't stupid I'm sure they could do it if they needed to, but their games not having ladder isn't going to stop 99% of people from buying their games so theres no point. It probably has something to do with you being able to switch between 1st and 3rd person that is the issue. I know this is the reason melee combat is so shallow.

What a clever disguise, todd is a genius.

see
>"Play our game; find a ladder that you can use. We don't have them," he said.

>Howard explained the primary reason for not being able to include ladders into environments is due to their engine, saying ladders caused problems for character AI.

>"One day, we tried to figure out why we wanted ladders so bad because we don't really need them. It just felt like we're game development pussies because we can't do ladders."

The issue with ladders is that NPC AI in games in general tend to fuck up when they encounter a ladder, which is why ladders are rarely usable by NPCs outside of cutscene/scripted events.

There's also the issue that ladders are an incredibly annoying and time consuming animation endeavor because of how unnatural ladders are in reagrds to the human body. This is why many games still use the good old HL2 magnet ladders instead of actually animated ladder climbing.

youtube.com/watch?v=bcldooi4oUY

Do you think it's impossible to implement them in the creation engine?

Why should they? What could possibly compel them to do anything when their brainless fanbase will keep buying their shit no matter what they do.

This is what a color revolution looks like.

Attached: 14 years later.jpg (640x355, 49K)

Attached: 1604509444343.jpg (1191x1191, 262.01K)

imagine the smell