Why exactly does a racing game need character customization?

Why exactly does a racing game need character customization?

Attached: fh6charcustom.png (1399x787, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qkh4qoYnap0
youtube.com/watch?v=K2iTX0HMZ9g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So I can make someone who looks like me

so you can feel like you're a tranny, even in a car.

to remind the people that play this shit are indistinguishable mulatto mutts

so you can create the average amerimutt character

Because for this game, they focused more on NPC stories and giving the player's character a voice for some reason

If you listened to the D4 press conference they basically state that Character customization is something they found is good for customer retention to attach the player more, regardless of the game or genre.

So yeah. Expect it more and on shit that really doesn't matter. For $$$

Ayo Etika mah boi!

Nothing needs anything. Character customising is good and a game with it is better than a game without it.

zoomers go vroom

Attached: 1629904197992.png (1080x1271, 248.45K)

>F1 2022
>CUSTOMIZE UR AWESOME CRIB BROO
God I hate this series so much. Literally selling a game full price because this year we can do basic shit like stop at our grid position instead of it happening automatically and can put on a hat.

Attached: 1630185698346.jpg (1942x1600, 640.88K)

I genuinely feel bad for people that buy racing games like this and have to ignore all the shit that they throw at you like MTX ads and constant cutscenes

BLACK PEOPLE*

(not actually people)

Why not?

>last genuine NFS game has character customization
>it's made in 2019
>last NFS game is a remastered game of the base for the greatest arcade racing game ever, NFS Most Wanted, that has no character customization
>it's made on 2020
who hurt you?

>the base for
the base *from

But I identify as a car. Wanna go for a ride? Vroom vroom!

It does feel like you're intentionally ignoring larger and larger portions of some of the games as time goes on. There's so many online modes and shops and ads and event news that some games have it on their own dedicated menu page and you feel weird every time you skim by it trying to get to the settings menu.

to make faggets like you seethe

It's only good for retention when they can make characters they want to look at. This is... something else entirely.

Are there any racing games that feel like this? I mean the general vibe of this show?

youtube.com/watch?v=Qkh4qoYnap0
youtube.com/watch?v=K2iTX0HMZ9g

Attached: 1998-mercedes-benz-amg-clk-gtr_0.jpg (1024x576, 149.04K)