What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: DOOM-Eternal_KeyArt_3_1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sRYQBVPKlyc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not having a thrash soundtrack
I put Metallicas first album on and had a much better time playing it compared to fart synth wub djent shit that mick gordon does
Fits the pace of the gameplay a lot better

Attached: wooooow.jpg (1052x1196, 260.67K)

personally I didn't like the design philosophy with the ammo, seemed to always be gangbanged in a corner because melee demons hit you and you go flying like you're made of paper, and it took a while for the combat to click for me, there's just so many cooldowns and resources you have to constantly juggle in your mind while still doing the high speed arena violence

nothing

they went full reddit ie didn't understand at all what made 2016 good

2 years later and people are still seething over the best modern FPS
can't wait to see Hugo's next masterpiece

Attached: 1644205267601.jpg (718x524, 124.71K)

It was put under the Doom brand.
Eternal is a really fucking good character action game and I love it, but it's like someone modded Doom monsters into another game.

Nothing. It's a good game

>chainsaws for magic ammo
>shoots epic Arachnotron™ weakpoint after lining up shot for 5 seconds while dashing side to side because pro Quake™ skills
>retarded door opening cutscene plays
>"Mhmm....rip and tear.. looks like the Hell Priest™ is nearby.. I will rip and tear because I am the ancient Doom Slaya™
>"Come on, Vega™"
>follows Skyrim™ compass
>Picks up 10 epic fanfiction-tier lore dumps about how badass the Slaya™ is on the way
>Door locks behind the Slaya™ and demons appear
>cacophony of retarded monster noises while the fart synth kicks into action
>"Rip and tear" WUBWUBWUBBWAMBWAMDUUUUUNUUUUNUUHHHNHUHHH *Uses Flame Belch™ on a deliberately spawned group of Possessed™ and they become Staggered™, does a badass Heat Blast™ and Armor Shards™ fly into the Slaya™'s face*
>switches weapons 75 times
>dashes aimlessly waiting for a Possessed™ to spawn
>swings on monkey bars
>performs impse
>250 arena laps and 150 chainsaw uses later the Slaya™ is victorious
>Mhmm.. The Hell Priest™ is not here.. Better tell Samuel Hayden™ about this
>"Come on, Vega™"
>Walks two meters and Alien Queen™ appears in an epic cutscene
>"You will not defeat me, Slaya™, I am the Emperor of the Universe and you are nothing but a Usurper™, the Kar En Kuk™ Council of Elder Alien Space Sentinel Argent D' Nur™ has banished you from the alien kingdom and I will defeat you!"
>Cut to black and level ends before epic boss fight so player can process how epic this is and maybe make a Reddit™ post about it before carrying on
>DUNDUNDUNBWAMBWAMBWAM Mick Gordon farting BAM BAM BAM 50 ACTION POINTS 5 CRUCIBLE CREDIT SENTINEL SHIP ARGENT RECEIVED

Nothing. It's pretty good.

kek

story and dialogue
everything else was fine

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

MetaDoom is epic
Speaking of epic mods
youtube.com/watch?v=sRYQBVPKlyc

I can't believe Wolfentrannies are STILL this mad. Your game lost, get over it.

Attached: 86d[1].png (1000x832, 917.63K)

tl;dr lol

Attached: thanos twerking animated gif with alpha layer.gif (288x284, 3.5M)

I have to admit this is pretty funny

This just makes me want to play the game.

people bitch at the marauder when most enemies felt like they were rehashing similar or same attacks even before the expansions
>THIS GAME LIMITS THE PLAYERS
more like its own devs
>ERRM IT'S ALMOST LIKE CLASSIC DOOM ENEMIES BETTER BECAUSE MUH ENEMY PLACEMENT
no, they just need to be more creative with enemy gameplay and balance things up to actually push the combat to the limits
eternal focuses on like 7 different systems, it justifies a third or fourth game because of how much potential there is

Attached: skell.jpg (708x1129, 147.92K)

Doom basically failed more gracefully than Duke was all. They knew they couldn't make a true Doom game so they had to create a caricature that took more inspiration from memes than the actual source. Doesn't mean it isn't fun but they weren't Doom.

lore and cutscenes no one gives a shit about

>
>memes
such as...

not him but they really pushed the RIP AND TEAR and sucked the doomslayer's dick during the entire game because of how BADASS he is

this was for

classic

nu-Doom is basically if someone's entire familiarity with Doom was seeing rip and tear memes and watching brutal doom let's plays

i am a liberal and i have gone to prison for 7 years for 2 counts of rape, and i think doom eternal is bad

i am a med student who is also a lifting enthusiast who is doing everything right in life, and i think doom eternal is good

if everyone hates zombie pinatas you chainsaw for ammo, bunch of MMO cooldown abilities, and constant jumping dashing around an arena to avoid damage, you've probably taken the game in a bad direction.

>constant jumping dashing around an arena to avoid damage
what's wrong with this?

Attached: 1656080079177.jpg (521x521, 45.04K)

I hated the fucking platforming sequences

this, and the fact that the super shotgun sounds like someone shitting in a tin.

There was no one to put Hugo Martin under control so he went crazy.

>i am a liberal and i have gone to prison for 7 years for 2 counts of rape, and i think doom eternal is bad
lmao, why do you liberals rape people so much? were you a male feminist too?

Nothing
Doom: Eternal Seethe

Yeah, the super shotgun handles like it was firing birdshot.