Do you care about tier lists in fighting games or you just choose the coolest character?

Do you care about tier lists in fighting games or you just choose the coolest character?

Attached: 51J+4hRnPKL._AC_.jpg (500x500, 32.71K)

female character with the flattest chest.

im not good enough for tiers to matter

I dont care about fighting games. I just pick the generic main character like Ryu and Goku

I choose the cutest.

Attached: 1625267212646.png (637x900, 312.78K)

I choose the one that feels the nicest to play

No. I play Steve in smash

Priority list
>Favorite character
>Fun playstyle
>Some kind of unga
>Tier lists

Same

This, like Bridget from Guilty Gear, just got into GG and I'm starting to learn her moveset

Don't really care about tier lists i play what i find fun. Also

Does anyone actually play fighting games for fun, or is it 100% tourneyfags?

It is a competitive genre so you have to want to win to some degree but you can play for fun. Even just fucking around in training mode is entertaining for some.

What I'm asking is if anyone plays these games with friends.

Only if they're friends are tourneyfags

I pick the coolest character.

Attached: 1629897104768.png (1504x1500, 1.8M)

I did for years but my group dissolved around the time SF5 was announced. All things considered we were pretty shit at them but had fun anyway.

I always pick the weirdest looking character as my main.
And also the highest tier girl.

I play the guy who tucks his jacket into his pants and I only use one move.

Attached: 1656063563906.jpg (1000x970, 96.47K)

I usually try to pick whichever character I could see myself getting married to and starting a family with. I don't really care about playstyle or tier ranking.

choose coolest imo
shut the fuck up untill i git gud
wrek meta newfags

>I always pick the weirdest looking character as my main.
How often do you get fucked by the devs being afraid of that character being good?

fighting games were vastly better when there was no streaming, youtube, and information saturation
you just had to play in person and learn what worked and didn't work either on your own, or by watching people in the arcade

there was a lot of terminology that got thrown around, but most modern FG technology was something you just had to know instinctively
and of course, there was no 'labbing' or practice mode

Pic unrelated?

>SFV Ryu
>he did a lot of damage and had a good standing light kick
>they toned down his damage
>removed his light kick
>3-4 years later
>they give him back some damage and his light kick but nerf his v trigger 1
>2 years later
>they buff his h.hadouken and its damage, he has his light kick, they remove all nerfs from v-trigger 1 and in fact buff it, now he does more damage than in vanilla
He's the perfect example of why modern game devs are absolutely braindead fucking retarded. They literally went full circle with him for no reason for like 6 years. The game got so busted and broken that that they just let him have everything in the end, but he could have kept it from the start. "Balance" for game developers just means "my opinion on this one particular move/character". Fucking christ.

basado

Attached: Momo Karuizawa.png (353x600, 171.1K)

Somebody want to tell him?

I'm interested in seeing how other people see the game, but just play who I want. Tierlists are cool because you can see how certain regions feel about characters based on the people they play+some theory.

Vegeta is cool as fuck