Atelier Games -- where to start?

Hey bros, I've been kind of interested in this series of games since I found out about it on this board. I know next to nothing about them other than what is on the steam store pages, and I kinda just want to figure out which one is the best and jump into it blind without any prior knowledge.

People here have recommended Atelier Ayesha and Atelier Ryza, but I've seen lots of conflicting answers and some people saying that Ryza is the worst and Ayesha is mid.

There's a fuck ton of these games, and desu I want to just jump in blind without knowing anything about it, which should I start with? I can't exactly just buy all of them or in bulk because they're kinda expensive and never go on sale.

Attached: atelier.jpg (1280x720, 432.22K)

Ryza is the best, start with her

>Ayesha is mid.
Ayesha is hecka mid fr. Im finna play the next untranslated jap game back on the playstation, last one was on some crazy micro managing ish and made for them autistic jap females instead of these niggas yankin dick to crop top and booty shorts. it got a diff feel if you know what i am. but foreal my nig stay away from ryza that shit is booty

Iris series. Mana khelmina 1 and 2. Play rorona and totori, ignore the others as shit. Play aeysha, ignore the rest is shit. Stay away from everything else.

the main issue with ryza is that the alchemy is simpler than the other games. So if you played all the games leading up to it it's a bit disappointing but it's a good spot for beginners. Also the combat is ATB instead of turn based which is personal preference, but I would say is a step down.

Play Lulua and then whatever you want after that.

Rorona is comfy

This

Sophia or Ryza

Attached: 480368034.jpg (3840x2160, 714.84K)

Just start with whichever one has the character designs you like the most.

Depends on how you feel about time limits. If that doesn't scare you off, start with Rorona DX and play its sequels, known as the Arland games. If you don't care for that, start with Sophie DX and play its sequels, known as the Mysterious series. On the fence? Start with Ayesha DX and play its sequels, known as the Dusk series. Ryza is definitely accessible for newcomers as well but the thick thighs in short shorts is probably the best reason to pick it over the others.

Attached: 1594872751735.png (428x536, 258.61K)

Well, based on all of the information I've been able to gather, it seems like the most people are recommending Ryza or Sophia as a first game, so I will pick up one of those I think.

Afterwards, if I like em, I'll get Ayesha I think, and then go from there.

Ryza...

Do these games typically have multiple different endings?

Sophie and Ryza do not but most of the others do. The entries that have sequels or sequels planned do not(for obvious reasons).

Sophie 1/2 and Ryza 1/2 don't, most of the other games do from what I remember.

This image was made before Mysterious but the same general rules apply. But there's no reason to bother with Mysterious anyway because Mysterious sucks.
Ryza 1 is pretty fucking bad but 2 was good, it improved on 1 in all areas.

>the main issue with ryza is that the alchemy is simpler than the other games.
That's completely backwards, Ryza has some of the best alchemy in the series, the problem with Ryza is everything else about it is bad.

Attached: which atelier do I start with.jpg (1353x3554, 1.47M)

Just start with Sophie 2 for the best combination of gameplay and polish.

ryza makes everything about alchemy easier because of item rebuild. Once you get a high enough alchemy level you can pretty effortlessly make 999 quality items with all of the effects and traits that you want. Duplication is even more lenient than other games since philostone has quantity made +2 and can be used in itself so you can just make a bunch of them and then get all the gems you could ever need. Ryza 2 goes a step further and even makes 999 quality easier to get by changing the formula so even shitty quality items don't drop the end item's quality once you hit 999.

>Was going to pick up the Arland games since theres a Steam sale
>None of them are on sale
I fucking hate Koei Tecmo

How much kids can she birth?

Attached: 1655973469700.jpg (219x230, 4.48K)

I would recommend you start with Rorona so you man up. That way you'll be able to enjoy how much the games have improve over the years.
And don't fall for the "totori a best xdxd" meme. It's both the worst protagonist and the worst game of the entire series.

Why are these games so fucking expensive?
I just want to play games with cute girls.
Also only the sequels have a discount for some reason.

>Totori
>worst protag
I can understand not finding that game's more open structure to taste but come on, Totori is all about giving the world the middle finger. Fucking no one believes in her and she succeeds in spite of it all, that's pretty based.

Koei Tecmo tax.

You can use a vita emulator to play all the Arland and Dusk games.

y-yeah...

Attached: Marlone (1).jpg (386x755, 54.74K)