What's the best video recording software and video editing software so that I may upload funny video game clips?

What's the best video recording software and video editing software so that I may upload funny video game clips?

Attached: 1655116921621.jpg (551x594, 113.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

git.dec05eba.com/gpu-screen-recorder/about/
rms-open-letter.github.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

probably shadowplay for recording
dunno for editing

obsproject.com
blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

OBS for recording
I use VEGAS for editing but apparently Adobe Premiere is better, I'm just autistic because I learned how to use the former first and I'm too lazy to change now. Edited a five hour long retrospective and stuff.

>Vegas
>Adobe Premiere
Where's the totally legal link?

Fuck if I remember, got the one I use in 2019. The totally-legit-pro-license is named QUADRA so see if you can find something under that

I've had both amd and nvidia gpus and I feel their recording software works just fine. Granted I don't do anything crazy beyond small clips to make into webms.

OBS for recording
Kdenlive for editing
FFMpeg can be used for a lot of things as well but it's best used as video conversion
If it's proprietary it's garbage

OBS
shotcut

OBS + ffmpeg, webm for retards helps a lot with ffmpeg

--- Recording ---
If you're on linux and have an Nvidia GPU, check out git.dec05eba.com/gpu-screen-recorder/about/

You can use this from the command line and it gives you more options than shadowplay, and it's a true hardware accelerated screen recorder. It works great in my experience, although it takes a bit of tweaking to figure out what settings you want and stuff.

I created a bash alias that streamlines recording my screen, and created a macro key for it as well.

This video recorder can record multiple monitors, specific windows, regions of the screen, you name it. It's awesome. It's not limited to 60fps either, you can record in any FPS you want.

Bonus points: It's FOSS.

There are alternatives for AMD cards, and the developer of this video recorder is working on AMD support. If you're on windows, I think you'll be stuck using either OBS, Shadowplay, or AMD's equivalent to shadowplay (forgot what it's called).

--- Editing ---
For editing software, go with Davinci Resolve. You can get the free version which is pretty good, but the studio version has GPU accelerated rendering, and some other features which make it better. You can find cracked versions of the studio version, or if you want to pay, it's like $300.

Davinci Resolve is better than Premiere, but both are good. Stay away from Sony Vegas unless you're doing simple stuff or it's all you have, it fell off and it's not up to modern standards.

Davinci Resolve works on linux natively too.

Isn't declaring a sage against the rules? Can i get banned for using OPs image?

>everyone saying OBS
wat
anything has to be better than relive, this shit has stuttery recording if your game is running at more than 60 fps

clearly you don't know what sage does

Nvidia Shadowplay
Adobe Premiere

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Nice, I wanted to ditch OBS since the whole Richard Stallman letter thing, OBS is tranny software.

Setting A Good Example :)

>Richard Stallman letter thing
?

Xmedia Recode. Infinite-chan had a really good guide back in the day, but I can't find the video anymore.
It's free

rms-open-letter.github.io/

Attached: how to obs.jpg (1968x1460, 364.19K)

i enjoy making small webums and 99% the time, i
>record thing with obs
>cut it to the right size with ffmpeg, provide start second and duration
>run 2-pass ffmpeg webum encoding, put it in a batch file to make it easier, can change resolution and bitrate here
i rarely need anything more, and so far i couldn't find any GUI that would be comfier than ffmpeg for basic tasks

Attached: out.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

same but I'm a lazy retard faggot so I use a gui shell for ffmpeg

Attached: bouncin.webm (854x480, 2.95M)

I'm amazed by the fact no one called you a retard for not knowing that

>W-What? People are actually being helpful instead of acting like insufferable retards?
kys.