Will Switch 2 have better specs than Steam Deck...

Will Switch 2 have better specs than Steam Deck? Will it finally have a dock that's an actual external GPU and not just a glorified charger?

Attached: FVaAVPwVUAALrFv.jpg (1277x717, 81.39K)

How?
Unless it uses the Apple chip I don't see it.
And apple would never do it.
There are new Amd chips but the chink handhelds already took that so idk.

Nvidia chips. Don't know what the fuck they're making these days though.

Maybe. It hard to speculate when no one knows if it will use a true custom chip or just a low clocked off the shelf repurposed automotive SoC.

They won't be able to make it stronger than steam who is probably selling at a loss. Maybe if they went back to being a console.

The switch 2 won't be coming out for another 5 years.

new technology will become available by then, older stuff will be cheaper... We'll see by waiting.

Attached: 1446448631253.webm (485x567, 2.92M)

Entirely depends on when it's actually coming out, I would think. If it's a few years from now, there's plenty of time to get some sort of custom chip from Nvidia that's at least on part with the Steam Deck.

Shareholders would never accept waiting 5 years for a new console. I'm expecting late 2023 release.

Rumor last year was sometime in 2024 was the target window

I've literally seen nintendo officially state they're "about halfway" through the switch's lifespan and remember thinking "already? there's barely any games on it"

Gone are the 6th gen days. Now we get a couple of good games per gen before the next cycle of consoles.

>Will it finally have a dock that's an actual external GPU and not just a glorified charger?
Mate, some devs already have a hard time instantly changing resolution and graphics settings when docking - no one will want to develop around actually physically switching fucking GPUs while a game is running.

Have the started using the quiet fans again, or has a 3rd party started producing replacements for a quieter fan?
Should be getting my Deck invite soon but I don't want the loud ass fan version.

Whatever they do, it's of critical importance that they can run ports at 1080p 60 FPS natively. Upscaling can be used (DLSS/XeSS/FSR/RSR), but it needs to be able to smoothly run anything the other consoles can run on at least low settings. 1080p 60 FPS at low settings is not asking for much with the hardware coming over the next few years. That's going to be phone tier graphics in just 5 years from now

It's not hard. Just have two game presets coded. Whenever the game is restarted, it reads whether the handheld is docked or not. If docked, it unlocks higher resolution. It's a matter of simply tweaking a few toggles. Not that hard.

High resolutions in a tiny screen is a complete meme.

>there's barely any games on it"
That's a lie and you know it you lying disingenuous piece of shit. The switch might be underpowered, but it has alot of good games.

The Series S can't even do that, it can only do 900p at times natively. The realistic target is 540p60 and then use DLSS to get the games to where they need to be.

Most likely the Switch 2 will have on-par specs with a base PS4 / Xbox One. They should've done in the first place so game devs wouldn't have to cram AAA titles on a shitty Nvidia tegra.

>whenever the game is restarted
Yes because you have to restart the game every time you dock a switch

It has more exclusives than the PS4 does and its lifecycle is still not over. Anyone saying it has no games is just a shitposter.

>The Series S can't even do that, it can only do 900p at times natively.
what the absolute fuck is going on with modern consoles

Attached: based.png (978x819, 641.96K)

They can easily make it a requirement. Why is it such a hard thing you think? Ask people to just save their games and restart?