Steam Summer Sale Thread

post carts, talk about deals, help others with vidya recommendations

>What should I get?
steam250.com/ is a great resource if you're stuck on what to buy for any niche
otherwise try store.steampowered.com/recommender/

ALWAYS look up a game on PCGW: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home especially for older titles.
even 'broken' games usually have great community fixes.

If you want potentially cheaper deals, check out isthereanydeal.com or gg.deals (filter the deals by DRM: Steam)

Attached: 1656004630_steam_3000_story.jpg (760x427, 124K)

This is it.

Attached: 1639667398635.png (655x308, 66.33K)

Did anyone here try this game?
Is it good or should I get Daemon X Machina instead?

Attached: yay or nay.png (416x199, 198.23K)

Is the Cyber Hook DLC worth it? Anyone play the other games?

Attached: cart.png (616x336, 84.45K)

black mesa is £3

i didn't like umurangi, too long ago to remember why though unfortunately. you can probably tell if it's a game for you

Any good shmups for a beginner?

Is this worth the 7€ over the regular special edition? I've never played skyrim but seems comfy

Attached: skyrim-anniversary-edition.jpg (1920x1080, 317.8K)

Someone help me remove one game from this list that isn't the top or bottom one. Tbh I'm saving up a bit for upcoming games (gaming isn't dead yet thankfully). I'm very interested in Stray and I'm definitely going to buy Klonoa.

Attached: Screenshot_20220624_224247~2.jpg (1076x2258, 323.84K)

Attached: cart.jpg (634x512, 36.45K)

Is 67% off on Skyrim SE a good deal?

I got 30€ on steam. what do I buy?

What should I keep? What should I remove? What should I add?

Attached: steam.png (391x470, 98.11K)

Eschatos
Natsuki Chronicle
CosmoDreamer
Crimzon Clover World Explosion
DRAINUS
Deathsmiles
The Tawashi

Rate?
Does anyone recommend a good jrpg or visual novel
I'm thinking of also buying Tales of Arise or a FF game maybe 10(HD remaster),12 or 13

Attached: Capture.png (617x388, 82.63K)

I put in my cart because I liked INFRA, and I know they are largely different, but I heard it's about photography and has a deeper story under the surface

Is two point hospital any good? Been dying for a management sim for a while. The game+ all dlc is only around $40

Recommende me a good soulslike on sale. Already played Dark Souls 1 and 3, Sekiro and Elden Ring.

No Ni-oh and no Codevein please; not interested on either

To my understanding this version has some mods integrated into the base game. You can probably just install these with the base version if you want to save a couple of bucks. Don't know what these mods do exactly, but know it was a few. If you're uncomfortable modding, I'd just get the anniversary edition user.

That cart's fine. I don't know how active Under Night and DBFZ are though.l because it's been a while.

Are the Blaster Master Zero games any good? I ask as someone who has never played any Blaster Master games.

Attached: unknown-12.png (644x496, 136.59K)

I bought Nightmare of Decay last night and it was good but way too easy and way too short and was too much of an RE1 "homage" for me. Any other good survival horror games on sale? I already own all the RE and TEW games. I want games where you can fight back, not games where you run away from an unkillable monster. I think those games lose a lot of tension for me because I instinctively know that I can't win and that I'm in an elaborate QTE. Having weapons makes me feel way more tense because I have to manage my resources, make sure I don't miss and have a risk of failure based off of my performance, something that running away and hiding doesn't give me.

Attached: wait a minute, this room.jpg (2560x1440, 646.84K)

if you don't mind the artstyle toem is another fun laid back photography game

rate

Attached: Untitled.png (477x269, 52.34K)

based 20mtd enjoyer

Attached: 20minutetilldawn 2022.06.22 - 14.30.25.04.DVR.mp4_snapshot_04.54.876.png (2560x1440, 1.74M)

why not get fallout 4 goty

For BEGINNERS I think Deathsmiles and Kamui are great picks. Dodonpachi Resurrection also has modes where your ship will autobomb for you upon being hit. I've heard Drainus is good for beginners too but I still haven't picked it up.

REMOVE STEEL ASSAULT ITS LITERALLY LESS THAN AN HOUR LONG

Those are the only good ones. All the others are shit knock offs that don't really understand what makes Souls games good, they just give you slow clunky combat and call it a day. Code Vein is on the cusp of being shit too, but at least your offensive options are fun to pull off.

I bought the three TiTS games finally but I am so hesitant to actually start them, especially with Sunbreak and XC3 coming out soon

Tempted to pickup Trials of Mana and Death Stranding as well

Don't buy those fighting games if you don't have anyone to play with. Everything else is fine.

FREE FUN THIS WAY

the upturned
tormented souls
apsulov
eldervale
lost in vivo

0G0R8

Trials of Mana is one of the best remakes I've ever played. Buy it.

BMZ games are good simple fun and all 3 are about 7-8 hours long. Also you should just get River City Girls from the fanatical platinum collection bundle instead of getting robbed.

Steel Assault is literally shit. All it has going for it are graphics and BGM. Literal Metal Slug arcade tier level design for a game. If you enjoy that more power to you but I was expecting a more fair and meaty platformer out of it akin to Bionic Commando or the MMZ/MMX games not a 50 minute pixel art showcase

I wish we had a $5 off coupon.

Attached: “it’s just one of those things.” It’s a time in, you know, looking at the way things are being handled and the way that you are, and where you’re at, and what you kind of want to deal with, and do. And I found myself going,.jpg (492x720, 228.19K)

I just play that to watch a gigantic tiddied bimbo get fucked every other month.

okay fuckers, here's my current list of stuff I'm getting

Monster Hunter Rise
Outward Definitive Edition
Fight Knight

What are some chill games, preferably something puzzley or arcadey, to go with these?

Anything i could add or remove

Attached: Screenshot_20220623-214744_Steam.jpg (1080x2042, 531.31K)

Found a Castlevania-esque game with fighting game combat
Thinking whether to get Bloodstained: RoTN but I heard mixed reviews. Is it like Aria and Dawn?

Buy, Drop, or Pirate?

Attached: Cart.png (629x261, 57.08K)

>fallout is 49 jewros
what...the GOTY is like 15 bucks here.

Ghostrunner. It's praise is mostly from hysterical redditors who felt "betrayed" by Cyberpunk.

Isn't it highly replayable?

Bloodstained is to SOTN what Mighty No.9 is to Megaman: a garbage ripoff made by a hasbeen developer.

Give me some games with cute anime girls in them

Bloodstained is great. The only other "metroidvanias" that actually play like Castlevania and not some shitty 2D Dark Souls is Valdis Story, which is really, really good.

Where are the good games?

Can you recommend me something to buy based on my top 5 most played games? I got these recommendations already in an earlier thread:
>Terraria
>The Forest
>a girlfriend

Attached: 151561.png (1088x310, 563.8K)

Ghost runner is super fun but i quot playing halfway

A new Under Night is on the way, don't buy FighterZ unless you are willing to buy all it's dlc

If you haven't already, buy Guilty Gear Accent Core and Melty Blood Actress Again. They are both phenomenal and 80% off. Samurai Shodown V Special is the best the franchise has to offer and is 50% off
If you want some good kusoge, consider Chaos Code.
Blazblue Centralfiction might be my favourite fighting game of all time, and has an obscene amount of content. It's had better sales but it's currently 67% off

Avoid discord communities for fighting games. They have all been infiltrated and ruined by tranny paedophiles.

>Castlevania-esque game with fighting game combat

Wut gaem

Not really? Doesnt really have anything that incentivizes you to keep playing other than challenging yourself

Omori

Search for "top 20 pc games ign" and start from there

You already have P4G in the cart user.

What should I add or remove?

Attached: Screenshot_20220624-001408.jpg (1080x1215, 210.68K)

Remove DMC5; it's the usual "classic series get casualized for the zoomer audience".

Thanks anons. Dropping a game this short halfway through? That's rough.

seconding Terraria

You also have to pay for these mods (Creation Club Content) if you don't have the AE, so it's cheaper to buy Skyrim AE than buying the SE and the mods seperately.

>outer wilds is great bro just make sure you know literally nothing about it
this shit is fucking stressful I thought it was a comfy point and click

Attached: 1644711854853.jpg (599x639, 36.55K)

Recommend me some games with unique artstyle/mechanics
Think EYE Divine Cybermancy, Hylics etc

Sleeping dogs for 2 bucks.

Attached: 2156aa32d8ee9.jpg (620x465, 25.59K)

I dont usually play farming type games, last one I played was Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life and I was wondering if this game is more so just a casual farming VN essentially, or is there actual consequences and shit you have to deal with as a farmer like storms, sickness, not producing enough, dying livestock, going bankrupt, etc.

Attached: capsule_616x353 (1).jpg (616x353, 144.67K)

Really? I only heard good things about it.