How is Zesteria? It's on sale

How is Zesteria? It's on sale.

I skipped it when it came out because everyone said it was horrible. Is it really that bad? I mainly want to play it for the BL

If it actually is like Cold Steel II or Xenosaga Episode II levels of bad I'll skip it. Heck even Legendia bad.

Attached: 1629193843746.png (720x461, 566.9K)

Tried to play it three times but it's just boring on terms of story and gameplay, graphics and music are pretty good.

The BL part of the game is very good, most people hated the game cause the heroine of the story Alisha gets sidetracked for a boring character called Rose, but if you are into boys, Mikleo is a fun character and has better chemistry than all the girls with Sorey.

I can tolerate "boring" gameplay as long as it's not annoying or offensively bad.

Bad story is a little harder for me to put up with. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a JRPG with a bad story.

My experience with the Tales series is very limited so I can't speak as to how it compares to the others, but I can tell you that this game absolutely fucking sucks.
Gameplay is braindead simple the whole way through and difficulty only increases in the form of stat bloat for enemies. This doesn't make you have to use your brain at all, it just makes the fights take longer.
Story is hilariously bad and at many points feels like two writers fighting to write the narrative in two different directions. Just garbage all around.

It's that the story of the game is bad, it's just the execution which is just ??? a lot of times, but there is character development, scenes and so on of a typical jRPG but the execution is kinda miss and hit most of the time.

Like for example, it's not a spoiler, but Sorey in the beggining of the game meets some corrupted politicians and they have a dinner and then Sorey needs to escape this place with his companions, this on paper sounds like a cool scene in the game but it's poor executed in the best definition of poor.

The dialogue between Sorey and the politicians is like 2 minutes.

The escape is just like 1 minute.

This happens a lot in the game.

Another example is the second ruins you explore in the game, it's just a bad designed dungeon with uninspired level design but the game hypes the ruins as something prettyyyy coooollll to explore full of mystic and wonder but it's just you know those old PS1 dungeons, it's just boring.

It fucking sucks, not only is the story bad, the pacing makes no sense, and shit just happens with no reason.

Arise is bad too, but only. Because it's boring. This shit is just insane.

Arise is a great game, probably the best Tales I have played since Vesperia, even if it's by all definitions are more linear and hyper focused game, but this is good for jRPGs if you feel they are too long or with too much padding.

Watch the anime

Don't watch the anime. But if you DO watch the anime, only watch the first season the second one shits the bed so fucking bad it somehow managed to be even worse than the game.
As for the game, there's plenty of BL if that's what you like, the story is horribly paced and some characters, mainly rose, are a complete mess. The music and the gameplay itself fine, i don't know which tales of people consider to be the peak of battle system but this one is pretty good in my opinion

Attached: Tales of Zestiria the X - 08.mkv_snapshot_08.49.318.jpg (1920x1080, 123.51K)

everything about it is downright bad but cultists will try to convince you that the hate is overblown by Alica fanboys because she was the victim of a bait and switch for the role of the main heroine

>most people hated the game cause the heroine of the story Alisha gets sidetracked for a boring character called Rose

that doesn't negate all the other issues the game had

Terrible game, tried to play it twice and fail

Doesn't help the story is focused on 2 gaylords

*slopping noises*

its really fucking bad. they almost had something with the combat but ultimately its very boring. everything else is downright dreadful.

It's not honestly really bad.

No, the game is genuinely awful even outside of that. Rosegate was just the type of the iceberg

Why are you talking like this game is a VN? Im interestes in the story, the world and the gameplay, not whichever waifu get the most screentime to flash her tits and go "uwu".
This is why no one likes weebs.

Attached: 1654624223666.jpg (290x290, 11.95K)

>Ask about weeb game
>Nobody likes weebs

exactly what said.

Zesteria is a bad game that trolls will try to convince you is good and all the hate is by Alica fanboys

Berseria is better