Did anyone actually play this shit? Why is it getting an expansion? Was the game even any good?

Did anyone actually play this shit? Why is it getting an expansion? Was the game even any good?

Attached: file.png (1200x630, 1.21M)

I did. I regret putting more then 2 hours into it and not being able to get a refund though.

What was wrong with it? It just looks really generic to me. At the same time a somehow worse Destiny.

Played it on Gamepass with a few buddies. It's alright. Game starts off fun but it really dragged by the end.

>did anyone play this?
I did
>why is it getting an expansion
Sega said it exceeded their performance expectations despite the rough launch
>is it good?
It's ok. I wish it was less repetitive and gave you more abilities, but it's fun enough. Being a sick of this shit superhero in an extremely shitty, comically dark setting where people get introduced just to die was amusing. I played through the story and then lost all urge to touch it again.

Yup, this is the same for me. My most disappointing game.

Christ, I remember they had entire characters being deleted for months.

I just finished playing it on gamepass, and I regret playing it. I just wanted the story and what I got was just utter cliched dog shit. spoiler if anyone actually gives a shit. I Just don't know how you create an entire new IP and universe and just do this with it.
what really happened is that after your ship leaves earth, the people left behind repair your sister ship that blew up in dock, fit it with a better engine and then get to the planet like 6 years before you. the signal you find in the prologue is the distress call from the ship.

they find native peaceful aliens there after they landed, the leader of the expedition gets jealous and scared of the aliens power to control the anomaly because he thinks they're the ones causing it and causaing their electronics to fail, so he orders their leaders killed and enslaves the rest it's literally just a holocaust allegory in space.

so the native aliens start transforming themselves into savage fereal beasts to fight the humans and in response, they set up actual concentration camps and then start killing them en mass by leading them into a room and turning on a jet engine to burn them all alive in groups before they can turn into ferals

they never explain the anomaly, never explain anything. you're making a fucking SCI FI GAME. WRITE SOME FUCKING SCIENCE FICTION.

uh, chud, check out the expansion...

op please understand
they will keep making games, even if no one plays them, they're getting paid
thanks to services like gamepass and ps+ and others
buy the game, don't buy the game
you don't affect anything

Don't forget this schitzophrenic story inserts itself over the original plot of the warring colony factions, and the OTHER plot about the super powered fire guy who wants to burn the world.

They basically completely abandon the original plot halfway thru the game for this Spanish colonization allegory and I wonder if it was because they thought they'd catch lefty heat otherwise. The badguy human even has a southern accent and looks like colonel sanders and is inexplicably alive for some reason squatting in a ship alone

oh yeah the fire guy who kills seth OFF SCREEN and then disappears to become recycled 'endgame' content. and at the end of the game absolutely nothing changed for the world. anomaly storms still ripping through the world only now the warring colonists have a few more supplies to kill each other with.

This and Biomutant are absolutely mediocre games that seem to have only sold decently due to the pandemic and literally nothing to compete with them at the time

i really regret spending money on biomutant. it doesn't do anything well and is just an aggressively mediocre 5/10 game. they could have just focused on the combat at the very least but no, that has to feel like shit as well.

I played the demo, I didn't see anything wrong with the game. It did what it tried to do well. I also liked the story and voice acting.

I quite enjoyed it, I did find that the abilities while fun on themselves did not feel like they ever had a good synergy with others, I am glad there is no tank-healer-mage triangle thing, but I was hoping for something that would unite friends a bit more.

Overall the story I am not sure if it takes itself seriously or what, is bizarre.

That boss battle was very underwhelming, feels like the story in the end you don't do a lot, since the whole problem is the anomaly fucking up things.

I rather replay the game with a friend though, than buy the expansion.

Attached: Outriders Super-Resolution 2022.02.21 - 13.35.25.38-min.png (2732x1536, 2.36M)

Perfect for Game Pass!

They do explain the anomaly. It holds a symbiotic relationship with the natives culture. As their rituals are interrupted the anomaly gets further and further out of control which is why Monroy thinks they're causing the storms instead of tempering them. It's also what's creating "altered".

no they don't. they don't explain what it is, where it came from, only that the natives had a ritual to control it. they had a pretty solid sci fi foundation and threw a holocaust story on top of it.

That's why it's called the "anomaly". If they hand you everything on a silver platter then you remove some of the mystery of the story which is why you're following it in the first place. It's like when they finally reveal the identity of a mysterious character and then you lose all interest because they've removed the reason why you're interested in the first place.

I really enjoyed the simplicity of it and still pkay to this day.

I'm actually really looking forward to the expansion.

Fuck you OP, and your shitty taste.

I played it for a couple hours and then it killed my savefile.

This is me but with The Division
I can only imagine Outriders is worse

Based game enjoyer.
I liked too...the bits If comedy out of nowhere are Fun... like using your meta power of respawn after dying to Win a Russian Roulette to some Guy in The story mode