Is this game still worth playing in 2022? I’m a 24 y/o coomer but I do have an appreciation for classic RPGs...

Is this game still worth playing in 2022? I’m a 24 y/o coomer but I do have an appreciation for classic RPGs. I have been able to play the OG Deus Ex and Planescspe Torment games and really enjoy them.

I played oblivion when I was a kid and I loved it but these days it feels kind of gay when I play it. Skyrim feels less gay but more retarded than oblivion so I don’t enjoy it… but I keep hearing this game is one of the best games ever made?

Attached: D067750A-4121-4FDE-9C2D-4CCB29EA9D9E.jpg (220x307, 27.05K)

Tamriel rebuilt and project tamriel are the best content you will ever play in a tes game, quests outdo oblivion with ease.
Anvil and sutch release soon.

As long as you use the weapons your charcter is good at using, and don't get into fights with low fatigue, you'll be fine.

Attached: dagoth ur breakdance.gif (640x480, 807.24K)

yes

Attached: screenshot005.png (1920x1080, 2.35M)

It's an exploration game more than an RPG. Here's my advice:
>DO look up how to minmax a character or use exploits and cheats
>because the leveling system is grindy trash
>because the combat system isn't good
>because the game is better when you're a god

>DO print out a map with locations and regional names for reference
>because it's actually useful to have one

>DO NOT fly around everywhere
>because you'll miss cool stuff and some wilderness events only happen when you touch a terrain-level trigger
>because walking on the roads is pretty scenic and comfy

>DO NOT look up where all the dungeons, NPCs, loot and quests are
>because it's fun to read clues from NPCs and find them yourself
>because the world is really interesting to explore

You probably shouldn't do any modding until you've played a little to figure out what you'd like to add or change first.

>You probably shouldn't do any modding until you've played a little to figure out what you'd like to add or change first.
This, but using something like openMW or morrowind code patch so you can run it in a modern resolution is acceptable.

>with mods
Yes
>without mods
Hell no

>but I keep hearing this game is one of the best games ever made?

take this from a guy who plays this game every year since year zero, not even remotely best rpg ever. But it has that weird alien feeling that i cant never shake of. Plus, the music is top notch, it makes game complete, without it, it wouldnt be what it is. And the sounds of silt strider making that growl while you come back to town with broken gear, no potions, full of shit to sell it is heaven to my ears. One of good things in this game that mechanic allows you some crazy builds that work. I dont know, what i like about the game that you can find some pretty valuable items anywhere and there is no quest for them so you need to discover every single dungeon to find something for you. Game does not hold you for hand. I mean, certainly try the game, if you dont like the look, there are many good mods out there that make the game pretty good looking.

nobody likes the original shit graphics stretched over modern resolutions, so some graphics upgrade mods are also good. But above all some leveling mod is a requirement because the original leveling mechanics are worse than dog shit.

Attached: shiggy.png (382x346, 169.99K)

Never was

Gameplay sucks, it's slow af at the start and requires exploits and prior knowledge to be tolerable, unless you are nostalgic about it.

It's the only elder scrolls game that is a misery when you aren't using any spells during a playthrough.
Cliff racers are garbage tier enemies.

When it comes to highlights, the main story is alright, game doesn't hold your hand and the originality of an overall graphical design is great.

tl;dr, If you have tons of patience then you should try it.

>because the game is better when you're a god
>slow af at the start and requires exploits and prior knowledge to be tolerable

It really is a game you have to play like an isekai protagonist, isn't it.
>just got here, this world is so alien and strange
>boy am I glad I have these overpowered fuckyou stats and spells to make every encounter trivial
>now the demon lord aint shit and I can explore as much as I like before I get bored and decide to push his shit in

Don't listen to this guy. Don't look up how to min max or exploit the game because it ruins the whole experience. As long as you make the major skills the skills you actually use the most, you'll be fine. Min maxxing and exploiting is absolutely not required to have an enjoyable experience

Nope, wait for Skywind mod

Guaranteed deepest lore

Attached: sermon29vivec.jpg (1148x794, 216.31K)

It's worth trying atleast, I got burned out eventually and didn't finished the main quest after 100 hours of side quests.

Select a class (not a custom shitter) and roleplay.

What are the listed items there? I can't find them as books.

best bethesda game by a large margin

i fucking wish theyreturned to this insted of making singleplayer MMOs

get openmw, have fun
game can be a little rough, no shame in googling some builds or mechanics