Have your parents ever restricted your access to video games as a punishment?

Have your parents ever restricted your access to video games as a punishment?

Mine used to hind the controllers of my Playstation, but I knew where so I'd still always play when they were gone.

Attached: 1648463501695.png (934x953, 200.69K)

High quality parenting.

Yeah, my dad would take the power cable from pc to work with him. So I wouldn't play games after school instead of doing homework.

He could just have backed it up somewhere and given it back later
Needlessly cruel

100% a single mom.

My mom once broke my favorite game when I was 5 cause she was mad I didn't do my chores. RIP Jazz Jackrabbit 2.

Aside from that she never really got in the way of video games. I wasn't particularly disobedient until I became an adult so as long as I got good grades and didn't do drugs, it was fine with her. I ended up breaking ties with her though because she is an alcoholic narcissist.

I think I was too autistic that my parents were just happy I was playing video games in my room and not doing anything dangerous

Some people have an really unhealthy obsession with getting up early. They think they are better than people who get up later because they can't comprehend that some people have different sleep rhythms. It's fucking retarded.

No, I was pretty obedient and did well in school. I wish they did though, so I wouldn't be a fucking loser posting here now

Fair enough if you're an adult who can work their career around it; but until then, you really just have to learn to deal with the normalfag sleep cycle

Can you not repost reddit bait what the fuck
>My girlfriend sneezed so i broke both her legs, i know i'm in the right :^)

I used to think like you user, until I started waking up really early everyday, I feel like I have a lot more time duting the day to do stuff, like said, eventually you have to adapt to the normalfag cycle

As long as you make it to where you need to be on time, who gives a fuck? I stayed up stupidly late all through my education, woke up as late as humanly possible while just barely making it into school on time, and then just crashed hard on weekends and days off sleeping through the daylight hours. Still got amazing grades, did the same thing across all the jobs I've ever had (except when I briefly had a night job, which was amazing) and I still do the same to this day.

>this post is extremely low quality

Yeah, they do.
It was because i might play to much and either get distracted and not focus durings tests, or even straight skip study all together.
I would then be allowed to play after that and geting good results.
They didn't hide my console or lock it away, thou they did uninstall House of the Dead from my PC and broke the CD once they saw i had it when i was around 5 or 7 years old.
They didn't like me to play excesively gory games, altough id still would play games in Newgrounds when they weren't watching. They left me of that hook around 15, when they tought that i was grown up enough to be allowed, and talked to me to make sure if i understand what was i watching. The same went for games with hot women.
Good parents, to be fair.
They let me do whatever i wanted, but still restricted me enough to make sure i didn't fucked up and go authistic, did cared for me, and didn't outright go idiotic by baning all games altogether. They knew i loved this games, and not all of them were stuff that an underage child shouldn't see.
My father even sayed that he really liked to see me playing games, because i looked happy.

Attached: IMG_20211229_165535.jpg (637x827, 142.93K)

That's cute but you still ended up on Any Forums

mom used to hide the power cord of my pc but then she just gave up after realizing that even after selling my pc and making me get a laptop instead i could still play games

>there will be consequences
>doesn't elaborate what the consequences are

>They left me of that hook around 15, when they tought that i was grown up enough to be allowed,
Jeez, 15 seems so late for gorey stuff. I played pretty much everything that went since I was 4.

My brother plays 24/7, i am bot sure should i step in or not. He is not antisocial, but leans towards it. We hang out with my friends, play sports, go to movies, goes to football with his frineds, but hwen he gets home he always only plays. He is not stupid either and does well in the uni, its just feels like he has no hobbys apart from vidya and its weird.

One time I was NEETing it up because I was off of university for a bit and only worked part time and my parents/sister would absolutely SEETHE at me for sleeping in till when I wanted. They would always tell me "You can't wake up late. You just HAVE to wake up in the morning like everyone else." and when I would ask why they would only tell me it's what normal people do, despite having no obligations throughout those days.

On the topic of OP, as a kid I technically wasn't allowed to play video games on school nights regardless of the time, though I still snuck time in. I remember one time as a kid I woke up early and decided to play on my PSP. My mum walked into my room and must have assumed I played it all night or something because she confiscated it for a week.

my mom once broke my whole ps2 collection
>noo how dare you enjoy videogames
fucking assholes