What makes forums worse than us?

What makes forums worse than us?

Attached: pepe.gif (498x412, 49.2K)

registration and identities. same as r*ddit.

What about taste?

Discord and twitter are far worse than forums ever were.

fpbp

4channel has that too, though.

Accountability

Not much. Bots, discord raiders, and shills outnumber genuine users.

>registration
Any Forums passes.
>identity
Everyone and their dog is trying to be the next "epic shitposter" like barneyfag, murrlogic, ladderbro or barry. Even if not trying to do that people still post in such a way that they can easily be recognized as belonging to a particular group or culture.

>us
There is nothing that makes you and me part of the same group. I don't even consider you a real human being

imagine having signatures under every post

>>us
>There is nothing that makes you and me part of the same group. I don't even consider you a real human being

Attached: 1613900233440.png (460x595, 18.1K)

The reason why Any Forums claims Reddit and forums are bad is that it forces accountability onto them. You can't just go around baiting and calling people niggers or trannies because they'd leave a trail. It's why faggots like that love Any Forums because they can safely say weird faggot shit all day long behind anonymity. They don't have to answer for any of the stupid retarded cringe shit they say. Just unwatch the thread, close the tab and move on to shitting up another thread. On the flip side though I've seen people in discussions/arguments go through someone's post/comment history and use that as a way to discredit their current argument when whatever they posted has literally nothing to do with the current argument at hand. It's a gift and a curse. I like the idea of usernames and identities because it in it's own way brews a community when you become familiar with people/posters but I'm not really big up every comment or post being tracked or stored. Maybe if forums/reddit had a setting where people could make their history private or invisible I could get behind it more.

TL,DR people love hiding behind anonymity like pussies

Attached: 1538764819845.png (1122x1122, 1.13M)

Censorship.
Identities are fine and useful for ignoring people that are shitposters or just plain retarded.

Reddit sucks because of the voting system, not because of the identities.

Any Forums is genuinely the worst place to try and discuss anything every good thread is surrounded by 50 shitty ones, it is collectively a place for the rejects of society, annoying tourists, and underage faggots desperately trying to fit in by shitposting worse than anyone else, if you genuinely think normal forums are worse than Any Forums then you are also a newfag trying to fit in and should kill yourself asap

this. cliques are fucking gay

Okay but why did you quote me?

>accountability
Its because my post gets hidden if people dont agree with me. It encourages hive mind mentality.
You already know this though, you just withheld it from your argument because you want to sound smart.

this is going to blow your mind user, get ready... reddit isn't the only forum in existence. i hope you were sitting for that one.

>specifically mentions reddit
>I wasn’t talking about reddit, retard!!

Attached: 9C4A997B-0CF7-4262-86BB-1AE621B450AD.jpg (750x748, 71.66K)

i read the whole sentence but maybe that was too difficult for you. my bad.

Any Forums(nel) is full of cliques.

>bunkertrannies
>"alt right" spic teens
>actual old people who found this place during the election and never left
>soijak cultists
>asian incels who spam BLACKED
>jews
>corporate shills
>consolewar shitposters (not necessarily restricted to consoles- see also Marvel vs DC)

Those are just the big ones.

What are your thoughts on Neogaf

Any Forums is better for controversial topics because nobody gives a fuck enough to censor themselves to avoid getting doxxed, canceled, deplatformed, and getting their dog raped by the SWAT team bringing pizza to their house because some social justice gestapo decided to take it upon themselves to escalate petty debates. I don't even have to try to flame people to get some twitter addict to start foaming at the mouth to dredge up years-old politically-incorrect comments.

We live in an era where cyberstalking is normal. I don't trust forums with anything if only because of that. I'm better off dredging up a discussion here where I can take on different talking points than on a forum where people will bring up previous arguments as though I should be the same person as I was a year ago or are just plain unwilling to accept devil's advocate. Additionally if I argue here and someone says something stupid I can dismiss them as a clown doing it for (You)s, if they say it in a forum (and they will) I have to be concerned because of that investment.