Just got a fightstick. Should I use a square gate or an octagonal gate?

Just got a fightstick. Should I use a square gate or an octagonal gate?

Attached: 20200108_142742.jpg (2500x1406, 385.01K)

I like square but it would probably come down to personal preference; I would try learning whatever your stick uses first and try not to think switching gates is the secret to success that will improve execution overnight

On the topic of stickmodding, I wonder if sanwa buttons are as good as their reputation, been using hayabusas a long time

Attached: dU4YN.png (300x149, 100.67K)

fightsticks are inferior to the hitbox and keyboard player master-race, imagine WANTING more travel time because MUH AUTHENTICITY or whatever retarded reason you may have.

I've tried octagonal and hated it cause I was already used to square. Upside is literally no one will ever want to borrow your stick

hitbox is better, yeah, but it's less fun
there's just nothing quite like swinging the stick into a perfect super

if you get fun from moving a stick you may need your head checked out for severe retardation.

too bad modern games are removing directional inputs for special moves
Anime games and recent versus series games have dedicated special buttons.

>if you get fun from moving a stick
So like 90% of videogames?

He's right though. Stick is way more fun and yeah I switched to hitbox before you asked

how is moving something as imprecise as a fight stick enjoyable, not even pads are that non-ergonomic or inaccurate, i refuse to believe anyone has fun using one its literally just one big meme.

Well its pretty easy to answer. You're crap at using one so its obviously not fun for you

Why are fight sticks still popular when Hitbox mogs them in every way? Even Daigo uses a hitbox now.

>as imprecise as a fight stick
They're not imprecise at all, you'd have to be mentally challenged to not be able to move one with precision.

there is NO point in learning one however, as its always going to be inferior to digital input from a keyboard.

Korean Lever

Yeah I think they're worse than hitbox hence why I switched, but it doesn't mean they're not fun. Its much more satisfying slapping a lever around vs pressing some 24mm buttons

it won't make you better

>point
Point? The point is that it's fucking fun. Are you some kind of guy who doesn't care about having fun but only winning?

literally why would you play a fighting game, or at least care enough about one to buy an expensive controller specifically for one if you "haha dont care about winning xd" like what the fuck is the point? playing friendlies is fun and all but fighting games entire point is WINNING over and opponent. retard.
if you insist on them being fun and you are a hitbox-chad then i will try some out again next time i have the chance.

can you even use a stick for anything besides fighting games?

Touhou

Pretty much any 2D game works fine with it.

Attached: Metal_Slug.jpg (400x496, 96.21K)

Arcade games

Arcade games and another of 2D games in general. I used mine to play the Odin Sphere remaster.

Because retards think hitbox is cheating or whatever and think they're too good for using the objectively superior control method