Dave Meltzer on Keiji Muto's retirement:

Dave Meltzer on Keiji Muto's retirement:
>Yeah, five more matches. And Tanahashi said he wants to be in the ring as one of the five. I THINK IT'D BE REALLY COOL... to do something in AEW with one of the five. You know, hmm, tag team with Sting? Just for old time's sake. I mean, they don't have to do it, but I think that would be pretty cool, because he WAS a pretty big star in the United States, unlike a lot of the Japanese wrestlers who... I mean, he was a legitimate star, he's a very well known name, I think for a one time appearance the people would be kinda like curious and everything.
Do you agree?

Attached: KeijiMutoh22.jpg (740x1200, 361.71K)

>MOOOOORE TOOOOOYS, TONY!!!

>5 matches left
>uhh p-please do one of them in aew
why is dave so obsessed

I rarely agree with that old jewish hack but he’s right. I’d kill for a Mutoh and Sting tag match.

Attached: EI_2dVmU0AIOBQr.jpg (1536x2048, 475.47K)

I see literally no probably with this. If he wanted to have a match in the US, AEW would make the most sense and him being in the ring with Sting would also make sense.

please no more unknown shitter japs in aew. Ive already had enough after that one fat 'strong style' shitter that fought danielson. zero dimes, the lot of em minus MAYBE okada

Attached: 1654753141285.gif (200x200, 1.52M)

When Dave Meltzer talks about AEW or brings up AEW out of nowhere in another subject, it always comes across to me as if I'm just listening to an AEWtist posting on Any Forums. The dude is a huge fan of AEW and wants it to be as successful as humanly possible, which is cute (even though AEW is shit), but it's also kinda pathetic in a way.

Sting and Muta vs Taker and Kane

kek did he really bring up AEW out of nowhere? LMAO WHAT A FUCKING MARK

>nooooo you can't just be a fan of aew and want to see an old legend have a match there

It's pretty cringe how he just always makes everything about AEW but in reality Mutoh done well and being cheered by an American crowd one last time would be a decent moment.

No thanks, we don't need to ruin one of his last matches to inflate Tony Khan's ego more.
More pathetic for sure. Whenever he is asked about any other company, he just immediately bring sip AEW and starts reciting whatever numbers Tony gives him. Meltzer regurgitates whatever is said to him by his sources, but with AEW he evangelises the information. He's been asked about AAA, DDT, NOAH, AJPW, GCW, even New Japan and just burst into an autistic rant about how AEW having mild success is the most impressive thing of all time.

Yes, that would be very cool, a commemoration of his career in America and a nice sendoff.

AEWtists uppity again

It would be neat if one of his matches was in the US with Sting involved somehow even if it wasnt in AEW

New Japan chad here. Is the way Meltzer constantly brings up AEW out of nowhere and worships it the exact same thing he did to New Japan back in 2011-2019 and I just didn't notice because I loved New Japan as much as Meltzer did in those days?

Or is this a whole new brand of Meltzer that AEW birthed into existence?

Attached: 1648062608599.png (1000x871, 407.9K)

>y-you're uppity because you like the idea of a legend having a retirement tour match in your favourite fed!
you e-drones are deranged lmao

>e drones out of nowhere in a thread about a japnese wrestler
yep all the signs of an uppity AEWtist

I think Meltzer is much worse with AEW because he knows that people from AEW listen to him and because he has a fuckload of sources there, having relatively frequent talks with Tony, Omega, etc. There's no way that happened other than once in a blue moon with New Japan. He wasn't having dinners with Gedo or whatever.
He is simultaneously trying to promote AEW in a way bigger way than he did New Japan AND he's trying to influence its booking to be as close to his tastes as possible. This is a new Meltzer.

Dave is just being a mark again

Oh god, no. I can imagine him arriving with no build, the crowd having zero reaction, and Excalibur scrambling to explain a dude's career in 30 seconds. It'd be pointless.

>and Excalibur scrambling to explain a dude's career in 30 seconds
kek it do would be like that

Muto has been All Elite since 2019

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 574.89K)

>the crowd having zero reaction
Just have "GREAT MUTO" immediately flash on the titantron and it fixes that, though only for the first few minutes.

Attached: 1654926305933.png (1246x1290, 797.73K)

e-drones are losing their minds itt
Muto would never work for WWE and if he has one last US match it will be with AEW since he has worked with them before. This is simply the truth.

You mean Great Muta. Edrones really do be this dumb.

cope
Even if you yourself actually recognize Muto, the vast majority of your audience is lapsed e-drones that watched nothing else pretending otherwise.

Mutoh has already been on AEW you dumb jamals, our fans know him
Also elitechads are former wcwchads so we know him from there too

why is this AEWtist so uppity with WWE in his head?

you guys are crying and pissing and moaning because you think meltzman is being favorable to AEW with fantasy booking when the reality is Mutoh already has a working relationship with AEW.