Game Pass

>Game Pass can't be profitable/needs mtx to supplement it

>25 million members (and growing)
>assume each pay at least 9.99 a month (even though a high % pay 14.99 for ultimate)
>at least 3 billion usd a year
>AAA games cost around $200 million to make
>MS want to eventually release a game every quarter
>i.e. fund 4 games a year, costing $800 million
>$2.2 billion usd left on third party titles and take home profit

yes, this doesn't account for people who currently avail of deals like $1 for your first month, or people who only subscribe sporadically, but in principle, even if they had a consistent base of 20 million users paying $10 a month (again assuming no one paid for ultimate), that's $2.4 billion a year.

Attached: jbareham_220118_ecl1087_stock_xbox_one_pass.6.jpg (1200x675, 172.22K)

So if we all stop paying for it they can no longer fund shitty games? Got it.

>>AAA games cost around $200 million to make
Forza and Halo, that's what microsoft has.

>they can no longer fund
This is a trillion dollar corporation retard

Frankly, GP doesn't need to be profitable. MS will spend whatever it takes to grab market share, even if it's at a glacial pace. They can absolutely afford it.

Xbox as a division hasn't made money in 20 years, why start now?

People seem to forget that if playstation is bigger than xbox, microsoft completely dwarfs sony.

>Halo
>Forza
>Fable
>Gears
>Starfield
>Avowed
>Hellblade
>Outer Worlds
>Pentiment
>Minecraft
>Redfall
>whatever machine games, id, arkane lyon, tango, compulsion, inXile are working on

Once it kill pc publishers, they can squeeze game developers. It is good thing since 3a game is not sustainable

source?

If you support gaypass, you are supporting a future where every game is a GaS. Hope you can live with that, but you're also fucking it up for those who still actually care about video games.

The point is that it can easily be profitable, the model is sound

Every game already is gaas, so alright.

read and see that most of these games are not GaaS

anyways, GaaS will become more popular regardless of game pass. Sony are making 10 in the next few years, is that GP's fault?

What's the difference between this and Netflix, Spotify or Blockbuster?

It probably will be, eventually. Xbox overall grew almost 18% in revenue generated last year. I don't think they published net profit though but I can't imagine they're operating at a huge loss.

the games are still available for sale for one.
some games will have dlc, mtx etc.
also far less competition, especially compared Netflix

You are too late, people already made up their minds.
And they chose an all digital future where you have no control over the things you 'own'.
Thanks Steamies! Thanks PCfaggots!

Most of those are either dead or still in development. Cope.

Sure user, you sure should know better than a trillion dollar company.

>dead
what is dead? I will laugh if you say Halo

Are you illiterate? I am arguing against the doomers who think Microsoft is wasting money on GP, i.e. the people who think they know better than a trillion dollar company

>this thread

Attached: 1528775598305.png (560x892, 343.71K)