Sonic the Hedgehog 1

>It filtered millions of bing bing wahoos in the 90's
>Now it's filtering zoomers worldwide

Attached: Sunic wun.png (1280x720, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/HCStealth/status/1540161919851540480
gamebanana.com/tuts/14765
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>can't figure out why landing on spikes would kill you
the future is doomed

How can it filter anyone when Origins gives you infinite lives? They can just brute force until they finally get it right.

Attached: eggnews.png (1024x683, 736.7K)

>it's too difficult
>It's not fun to be hit by something you cant see coming
>What do you mean i have to memorize levels to perform like speedrunners?
>why would i have to replay an arcade game?
>i hate missable content (emeralds)
>mario can run fast and still react to shit
>labyrinth zone is unfun and tedious
>marble zone is unfun and tedious
>the only good level is green hill 1 and 2
All gathered from today's threads

Just press down while going fast

I've never liked this game, the sequels are much better. All the levels after Green Hill are slow and boring, especially Labyrinth Zone.

Attached: ArchieSpringYard.png (1786x452, 1.02M)

>the sequels are much better
every single sequel except for Sonic 2
that shit has brainless level design

best music tho

imagine thinking about zoomers rent free 24/7 for no apparent reason

Sonic 1 doesn't hand quick level finishes to you on a silver platter.
The "slow" zones are full of skips and shortcuts to find. This was the pack-in game for the vast majority of Genesis consoles sold. You were meant to play it enough to discover these.

Attached: cope.jpg (320x222, 119.3K)

Being a Fortnite playing Zoomer is still less embarrassing than enjoying any Sonic games, even the ''''''good'''''' 2D ones.

There's a reason Sonic popularized the term COPE;)
Fortfag

are people really still complaining about not being able to see shit when all the games are in widescreen now?

Based.

Attached: Cod9H9aWIAEqw7p.jpg (636x445, 82.94K)

Genuine question, how do people STILL get filtered by Sonic 1?
I beat the mobile port when I was like 12 in early 2010s, so I'm having hard time people getting filled by Sonic of all games.

Attached: 1656037384393.gif (120x152, 17.07K)

Fucking salient king.
Midwit redditors filtered. Many of these people hate this game because Tails isn't in it and they're Tailspedos, well true White Male Christian kings fucking hate the stupid annoying faggot shitstain fuck him and put him in the brimstone chamber and he screams in agony and heart explodes from taking the vaccine fuck.

this reads like a shitpist

Just press the down button on the dpad
user they don't realize all their complaints become void when they can roll

I'm not so sure its filtered so much as zoomers getting redpilled on sonic never being good.

I'm serious. Just because I put funny remarks in my comments doesn't mean the underlying sentiment isn't genuine, but to the irony poisoned redditor I guess they're all the same.

A brave opinion, did you get it from facebook?

Playing as Tails in Sonic 1 in Sonic Originas is as big of a cheat as I expected

The only thing hard about Sonic 1 is the special stage, and origins just lets you brute force them

Origin bros...

Attached: jizzcity.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Wait WHAT

This
They make me want to fucking kill myself

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2022.06.23 - 21.47.58.26.png (1360x768, 104.98K)

I've played and beaten Sonic 1 hundreds if not a thousand times and I still cannot consistently get the 3rd Chaos Emerald. The fucking worst special stage of all special stages in any Sonic game.

Sonic and Tails are really good friends

>It's not fun to be hit by something you cant see coming
they're all widescreen now they can't use that bullshit excuse anymore lmao. people need to admit when they're bad at a video game. For fuck's sake Sonic 1 is literally less than an hour long these people are fucking trash at video games plain and simple

I never played the Taxman port before now. Am I crazy, or is the jumping in special stages wonkier here than the original? I still got them all first try, but there was lot more bumbling around than the last time I played.

>Sonic 1 filters everyone with an average reaction time and sub 80 IQ (90% of the american population)
>Sonic 2 filters people with a functioning brain
>Sonic CD filters people with taste and sub 100 IQ who can't understand the time travel mechanic
>Sonic 3&K filters people with functioning ears now

What a great compilation, I'm sure everyone will love this series now :)

Attached: 1637691893004.jpg (1280x720, 124.2K)

A friend of mine is gonna play the Origins story mode all the way through later on today
Do you get anything for getting all emeralds or should he just go thru it?
try the 2nd special stage in Encore's mania

me after No Nut November when Rouge pops up.

Yeah Origins has fucked beyond belief physics in the Sonic 1 special stages. The 2nd special stage if you don't move once the level starts you will immediately end up on a GOAL bumper

I don't know but it makes me want to rip my fucking scrotum off

Attached: fucking.png (1360x768, 11.48K)

I can confirm, I got fucked over by the 2nd emerald 4 times in a row, until I got it

Attached: 20220623163331_1.jpg (1920x1080, 183.58K)

I think the only incentive is an achievement and an unlockable in the museum for going super once in either game.

Just downloaded Sonic 2 Absolute, why the fuck is the game sped up for me, like if it was on an emulator? The music/SFX aren't sped up either, the game is just running at double speed.

Attached: 1627339825343.gif (500x306, 1.8M)

You're thinking too slow so the game seems to be faster
but don't worry, you don't need a brain for sonic 2

doesn't PC Mania still have the "press Y to gain speed" debug cheat enabled?

It’s not fun
Most sonic levels are fun without having to play them 500 times
Sonic 1 levels aren’t
Even most sonic autists dislike 1

>2nd special stage in Encore
You are joking right? Mania-style special stages are one of the easiest, just that they sometimes long.

NO THEY FUCKING ARENT TAILS MAY THINK THAT BUT IF YOU READ THE CANNON FLEETWAY SIGMA MALE SONIC COMICS IT QUITE CLEAR THAT TAILS IS USED AS A TOOL AND SONIC UNDERSTANDS HOW MUCH OF A USELESS ANNOYING FAGGOT AND PATHETIC DISGUSTING CREATURE HE REALLY IS, HE CONSTANTLY GETS KEKED HUMILIATED AND BEATEN, SONIC SHOULD BE A SIGMA MALE FRANCHISE NOT THE ARIN HANJOB REDDIT CLASSIC PEDO FRANCHISE YOU WANT TO TURN IN INTO OVERDOSE ON YOUR DEPRESSION MEDS FAGGOT
IF YOU PLAY AS TAILS PERIOD YOU DESERVE A LOBOTOMY FUCK TAILS DONALD TRUMP THE GREAT WHITE HOPE SHOULD LAUNCH HIM IN A CANNON ACROSS THE BORDER THE SAME CANNON NIGGER LAUNCHER COLONEL SANDER USED AND THEN ATOM BOMB ALL THE SPICS IN MEXICO WHILE TAILS GETS PINNED DOWN AND DRUGGED BY MS13

twitter.com/HCStealth/status/1540161919851540480

Stealth apologizing for the state of Origins, possibly without SEGA's permission.

Attached: stealth.png (740x2012, 214.92K)

Why is there a sign that says cope? Does Yuji Naka post here?

The WHAT?

It's an issue where the game is running at your monitor's refresh rate instead of just 60hz.
An user in a prior thread had the same issue, this helped:
gamebanana.com/tuts/14765

It's one of the unsolved mysteries. Maybe someone at Sonic Team just thought the word was funny.

Attached: mystery.gif (650x220, 3.77K)

>"The first game also has glowing letters reading "COPE" in the Spring Yard Zone, which is the acronym for one of the graphics processing routines used by the developers."

DUMB GAIJIN
WE MAKE QUICK BUCK
NO PATCHU
NOW FAKKU OFF

When will they learn?

These are all valid points. Why do sonictards defend his shitty games?

Yeah I was thinking it was something like that, thanks.

Nothing is easier than blue spheres
they are still pretty nice tho

It's an open secret that Sonic team is probably treating Stealth and co like second class outsiders since they'll have no seniority amongst Sega devs and aren't Japanese.

Why would you post that when there's this disclaimer right under it?
>A citation would be nice for this. Seems to originate from this forum thread where someone claims it stands for "Computer Operated Palette Editor" and later confesses they were only joking.

Kek sonic team is fucking horrible

>best music
How can somebody be so fucking wrong. Sonic 2 has chemical plant. THATS IT.

go play metal slug, come back after you beat it

Stealth as always, shooting himself in the foot.

There's no special meaning behind it.

Attached: Cod9QUOWgAEKbET[1].jpg (637x444, 51.9K)

>people kept saying Stealth tarnished the Mania team's relations with Sega by openly bitching about Denuvo
>he openly bitches about Origins all this time later
He's based for refusing to kneel

Yeah I just tried it, still works
You can level up your speed instantly in the special stages and run at mach 3
plus if you keep mashing you can get a massive mach point bonus and max out the score counter

As an certified Sonic autist I would have to say Sonic 3D Blast for the Genesis has the easiest special stages.

Are you implying Metal Slug is good?

You get the 7th emerald if you can jump into the COPE, SEETHE and DILATE signs in Spring Yard Zone 1 and 2