Let's face it, super deep lore like elden ring is the current cancer of the industry

This is fucking ass bros.
The year is 2022. Every game is pushing to add some kind of hyper-connected super deep lore for retarded secondaries that can't get invested in the actual game.
>Secondaries?
Yes, secondaries. Call them journos, call them casuals, call them minorities and women. You now, not gamers
>I liked Lore in Elden Ring
And that's good
Is okay when Soulsborne do it. But for any other game? Lore is getting overused
>How?
Now games that doesn't need too much lore get a turbo super hyper connected multiverse of lore, exactly like the capeshit
Genshin has a super deep lore. League has lore. Fortnite too, Apex, Overwatch, every stupid indie has a super complex lore that you could miss if you don't pay attention. Unless you don't have to pay attention, because anyways your favorite content creator will cover it so you don't have to find out about it by yourself, because the damn secondaries can't even figure out how to play the damn games, how are they gonna find the clues about the only thing they get invested into if they can't get past basic mechanics?
>But user every game has lor-
Except this lore is just setting and worldbuilding. other than that, good games either have great stories THAT YOU GET TO PLAY or don't have story at all. Is bad game design when the most interesting story is just a few infodump "hints".
>Okay but what about lorewrit-
FALLACY. probably most of them have good ideas but i you are a so great writer why these so good stories can't be fitted in a main campaign?

Attached: flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg (750x1000, 141.51K)

Elden Ring has lore??????

Elden ring doesn't have lore

Let's face it, I love Mona and she's the only reason I clicked on this.

there is no lore in elden ring.
it's just autists who posts on an imageboard trying to find answers to questions that don't even exist.
>but mah georf r mertin wrote it and hes best storyteller of a generation!
just stop.

mona ass??? and feet???? and maybe pits??

>non-canon protagonists only
>lore
Pick one.

Post yelan pits

>SUPER DEEP LORE IS CANCER
Okay, then let's remove story and lore, and focus more on gameplay
>NOOOOO GAMES NEED TO BE ART! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CARE FOR A GAME IF IT'S NOT BROW BEATING ME WITH CUTSCENES

Sad.

Attached: inb4 shadow the reddithog.png (1600x900, 574.41K)

Based, mona is hot, sad that secondaries cna get past the lorebait about her master doing some wacky shit that doesn't even get explained.
She's just a chill girl with a big ass

Attached: kaffbf8delr51.jpg (640x1032, 109.54K)

Mona sex

Attached: 1655765323451.png (951x1451, 1.1M)

Thats the joke
Miyazaki's games have paper thin narrative/writing but they trick you into believing that you are only seeing the point of the iceberg.
That trick could had worked with the first couple souls games but now it just tiresome

What's exactly the issue with lots of games having lore? As far as I'm concerned it's a better solution than shoveling non-stop cutscenes in the player's face. Optional story fits a game more than turning it into a movie/VN

Attached: nyatabe_mona (genshin impact)_d486300b34432ff785c8d51e3ec8da4b.jpg (1241x882, 1.07M)

Everyone wants their game to be given the game theory treatment by youtubers and for people to feel smart by watching somebody explain everything for them. I like the idea of "deepest lore" but now it feels like every game, especially horror games do it too often just to feel more clever then what they really are.

buff yelan

Attached: 99013840_p0.jpg (2894x4093, 1.31M)

saul goodman tf2

Attached: saul goodman tf2.png (500x692, 326.31K)

shes a big girl

>make coomer thread
>write a gigantic wall of text with an absolutely abhorrent opinion in order to avoid being reported for off topic garbage

No fucking retard the coomerbait was so you would fell for the based opinion of my post.

>tile is complaining about lore
>proceeds to write 5 paragraphs about something no one cares
post more butts or tummies please

The how didn't really answer why lore is a problem. Just comparing it to capeshit and popular bad games + indie games then complaining about secondaries not being good enough at the game to find the lore. Never actually explaining how lore is bad. Bc lore itself isn't. Ofc lore can be bad or good, bad lore can ruin a game but that doesn't mean lore is bad. Anyway it can almost always safely be ignored.