Why isnt Dota 2 as popular as League of Legends?

Why isnt Dota 2 as popular as League of Legends?

Attached: 546.jpg (850x1063, 216.08K)

It isn't owned by chinks.

FURRO SEXO

Because it's harder so normalfags don't get into it, and also Valve doesn't bother marketing it.

It's not fun

Too complex for the average normie, good luck trying to explain abstract concepts like creep equilibrium.
McDonald's might be the most popular restaurant in the entire world but that doesn't mean its any good.

>League more or less came first
>League constantly updates
>League has lots of coom
>League has lots of extended media
>League more or less has better lore
>League has more casual modes to play with
>League in general is a bit more casual than DOTA2.

LOL

Dota lore is Morrowind tier and absurd at times
League is basic cringe DnD faggot stories

No marketing, not enough female heroes, not enough gay shit, not enough black heroes, more complex game, does not run well on toasters

>not enough black heroes
Das rite

If they didn't keep changing it, perhaps. How the fuck am I supposed to get invested in it?

the only thing good that came out of dota lore was p flax attempting to explain it in the old guides

Attached: pugna.png (1256x710, 272.96K)

League of Legends is shiny instant gratification for retards and children. Dota has some depth to it.

it doesn't matter

Attached: 1656009724372.png (1200x700, 388.97K)

The difference is Dota 2 is actually canon to Dota 2
LoL is just a bunch of retarded disconnected fanfics and the source material is considered non-canon

On the plus side, I'm starting to get really good at sensing which threads are embed threads and not, without even using that faggotry script.

valve is too lazy to advertise
plus 7.00 killed the game dont@ me

Everything that was wrong with 7.00 has been fixed since then

>>League more or less came first

Attached: 1279452282298.jpg (800x600, 377.54K)

how is he wrong though
LoL's lore is simple and easy to follow so it panders pretty well to normalfags, and Dota's "lore" is a clusterfuck of ideas some teenage boy found cool

It kind of did.
The game's been around longer than Dota 2, especially its open beta and most zoomers that actively play nowadays never played WC3 Dota.

I still think Battlerite and HoTS where the most fun.

dota has no depth
both games are shallow as fuck

I HATE THIS RAT

Attached: I HATE THIS RAT.webm (1280x720, 717.45K)