Why isn't it remembered like Half life 2 or to a lesser extent, Doom 3

Why isn't it remembered like Half life 2 or to a lesser extent, Doom 3

Also Far Cry 1 thread

Attached: OIP.jpg (474x672, 56.4K)

wow this game looks like shit

kys

The original video card destroyer. Way more than doom3. It was good but never as fun as hl2 or d3

Between hl2 doom3 and fc1 which had the worst fate?

FC1 because its name became synonymous with lowest effort shovelware while the other two died with honor.

I hate ubi so much

SCREW YOU BUDDY

Attached: fc41130696526.jpg (640x480, 37.06K)

The game had some nice water, i remember when i firsr saw it, I wanted to just touch and drink it. Anyway the game was actually pretty meh, good graphics at the time, uninspiring boring gameplay.

What went so wrong Any Forums?

Played on the 2nd highest difficulty and my God it was hard as shit. If I ever replay it I'll ever play it on normal or use a save mod. Fuck the volcano.

Attached: 1655029384620.png (325x300, 73.89K)

Doom 3 is the DMC2 of Doom

This, I plated it for a bit way back when and fuck it was hard

Yeah, I remember playing it on easy as a kid, and even then it was hard as fuck.

Which means...

It's very jarring going from modern Far Cry, where you can eat bullets left and right and really not have to worry about dying, sneak around effortlessly, and one-shot everything with bows. Going back to FC1, where you're then playing a match of Unreal Tournament in 2022. You just get instagibbed repeatedly

People hated the trigens.

Its still a good game. Fuck the last level and ending though.

Piclrel is where FC series peaked imo. Wish you could team up with Pagan instead of having to kill him.

Attached: Far Cry 4.jpg (610x722, 128.31K)

Ah yes, proto-Crysis

had a good multiplayer community for a bit

For me it’s pic related.
Fun grug simulator

Attached: 4639E9D8-DDA4-4053-8BB3-6AC0D7264411.jpg (554x554, 55.29K)

Is the multiplayer still around?

It filtered casuals way too hard.

Nah, it was easier on my GeForce 4 MX440 than D3. Not much dynamic lighting in that game.