Outer Wilds

Literally what else is there to even play? This is already the peak. What do I even play now?

Attached: OuterWilds.jpg (1920x1080, 510.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n843sBrpOtw
youtube.com/watch?v=6zlSUvWU6z8
youtube.com/watch?v=g3D6Jt-5FZE
youtu.be/3bzYc7FASoM
youtube.com/watch?v=NAOPDX6PVvk
youtube.com/watch?v=eu5fXqoyxuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

god hand

Who makes these threads?

yo user, have you heard of a game called outer wilds? you should definitely try it. its really good. oh look it's even in your library! must've bought it in one of those bundles and forgot about it haha!

Attached: snap.jpg (500x317, 32.87K)

people who appreaciate ludo

Return of the Obra Dinn

Yeah I fucking hate when people talk about videogames on here. Wish we had more BBC and soijak threads.

You sound like a soijak to be honest.

tranny game

>This is already the peak. What do I even play now?
Pathologic 2.
And the rest of IPL's library, honestly, except for CARGO!.
Rainworld is also worth trying.

Attached: MeatProject.jpg (1920x1080, 486.3K)

Do I need to play Pathologic 1 first? I know nothing about these games.

Outer Worlds

>Do I need to play Pathologic 1 first?
Not really, no. Despite the IDIOTIC name, Pathologic 2 is a first part of a reboot of the original games. It's kinda complicated (everything this studio does is complicated).
Original Pathologic 1 is an insanely janky, really borderline unplayble game. It has some trully ingenious ideas about game-unique storytelling, and fantastic writing, but it is a debut title by people who had no experience software developing - much less game design. It's also MASSIVE. Pathologic 1 has three campaigns - each following a different character through the same general set of events. Each campaign is more-or-less a complete, self-contained story, and lasts around 20 hours. They do share most gameplay systems and settings, so it's really just the story that differenciates them. If you play all 3 of them, you can put together a more complete image of the events, but they each work as their own story.

Pathologic 2 is a complete rework of one of these three stories. It's designed with people who haven't played the original in mind, and the one story it does remake, it does significantly better. The gameplay and story both are leagues improved.
The other two stories are being remade, but they will take a few years at least.

Some people recommend trying P1 before P2. I think it's more logical to play P2 first, see if you get invested, and if you do, maybe consider trying P1 for the unique spin and additional stories. Because P1 is beyond just clunky and slow - it's miserable experience overal.
Both approaches are entirely valid.

If you do decide to try P2 (and there is no shame in pirating it first - these games are very inaccessible, not everyone will enjoy their particular brand of cruelty), be prepared to be confused at first. The first 5 minutes of P2 are there as a bone for people who played P1, but once you get to the part on the train, that is where the story starts for you. The game will then tell you all you need to know.

Attached: LaraPath.jpg (1280x720, 53.4K)

The DLC nigga

Agreed. While this is not my favorite game it is definitely the best game I've played so far in my life.

Just play something else.
Just because Outer Wilds is one of the peaks of video games doesn't mean EVERY game needs to be a perfect copy of it. It's okay to enjoy lesser experiences.

rain world and obra dinn

Attached: 14028398472.jpg (820x627, 141.63K)

Came here to post this.

Outer Wilds was literally Majora's Mask but worse as far as the time & resetting mechanics go.

if you haven't played the DLC yet, DO NOT play it until you get a VR headset. thank me later.

>And the rest of IPL's library
What's the consensus on Know By Heart? Worth $16?

What was the most kino moment for you guys?

Attached: 1a020995280.png (680x680, 417.55K)

youtube.com/watch?v=n843sBrpOtw

Fucking love it so much

I know the feeling user. There's nothing quite like it.
Subnautica shares the good stuff about exploration, player learning, and a bit of the small ship piloting.
The Witness has the "once it clicks you can do it forever" quality to it.
I'm assuming you did the DLC, which is better than the base game in terms of discovery, but lacks the emotional climax of the base game.

Attached: 1593644812637.jpg (253x234, 47.83K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6zlSUvWU6z8

Attached: 1627687814371.jpg (104x178, 4.69K)

that one spot in the bramble, you know, the one with the bramble seed that's too small to go through

Attached: 1643955563000.jpg (600x583, 49.91K)

There doesnt seem to be a consensus because no one played it. I liked it a lot though

>What's the consensus on Know By Heart? Worth $16?
It's the only game of theirs I've personally not played to any significant degree yet. I have it on my steam, but I had different things on my mind and could not give it the proper attention yet. I'll know in a few weeks.

The consensus of literally everyone I've talked to who played it, was that it's really good. It's their by far most "mundane" project, there are no crazy gameplay/narrative experiments there (which are otherwise the studio's trademark). It really is just an interactive story, designed to be played on tablets as well as PC. There is no clever mechanical twist or layer to this one.
But I have not seen a single person who would say they did not end up massively invested in the story anyway. The bit I did play seemed to confirm it - it's beautiful and well written, at least early on.

There is of course a problem with my input on this: My sample size might be seriously biased. Most people I've talked to were already IPL fans. Maybe people who did not like it just did not feel like talking about it at all. So take what I'm saying with an extra gain of salt.

Sorry that I can't give a more conclusive opinion. There is always option to pirate first though.

lining up all of the instruments at once with the scanner

meeting solanum, sunless city, finding feldspar/the vessel of the top of my head

Good choice, user. The whole portion of showing the Prisoner how his action impacted others hits pretty hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=g3D6Jt-5FZE

The ash twin project reveal is fucking amazing

Just reading the writings on the wall, finally being able to fully connect all the dots, while the music intensifies. It's so fucking good.

Boring game

For a quirky little indie game, it sure has some poignant moments.

Attached: 253.png (268x364, 76.46K)

Me trying to land on Giant's Deep, instantly panicking because I'm afraid of deep water, somehow falling out of my ship and dying from hitting something, then avoiding the planet for the next 5 hours.

Picking any one part almost feels like a betrayal of the others.
One that comes to mind was after entering the Eye. I played through the game with a friend of mine watching my stream. He had already played it and wanted to vicariously enjoy someone else’s first run and hear my thoughts as I went.
As I drifted through the pines, watching the solar systems die, my words were along the lines of “I’m so deeply touched right now, but I don’t know why.” That sensation of being in the interstice between universes was magical.
It reminded me of the final scene of Neverending Story, where the world is destroyed down to a grain of sand but can be reborn out of a void from that.
youtu.be/3bzYc7FASoM
Actually, I wonder if this scene inspired that sequence.

Attached: 1567500889933.png (774x417, 180.05K)

youtube.com/watch?v=NAOPDX6PVvk
youtube.com/watch?v=eu5fXqoyxuw

The forbidden archives were something, man.. Echoes of the Eye is depressing as fuck

redditors

You mean the game that exposed Obsidian as overrated frauds?

Ever considered that it might be people who found a particularly memorable experience, and are asking if there are any similar experiences?

>people still confuse Outer Wilds and The Outer Worlds three years later

Attached: 1566362371509.jpg (390x232, 50.76K)

Mobius pls more dlc