What do you guys think of dmc4? Is it worth playing, or can I just go straight to dmc5 after playing 1 and 3?

What do you guys think of dmc4? Is it worth playing, or can I just go straight to dmc5 after playing 1 and 3?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 81.81K)

At least worth a shot, unlike 2. But don't stick around for total mastery, just move on to 5 when you're done.

DMC4 is genuinely awful and memetically short. So short in fact you have to backtrack through the entire game, fighting the exact same enemies and bosses to reach the end.

Question is: why do you want to play thqt dreary shit that is 5?

It is worth playing, as flawed as it may be.

Nah, just go on youtube and listen to the OST and memes if you want to skip a game with gameplay.

really good movement and combat physics but some terrible level and enemy design
stick around for bloody palace and give the campaign a run through

It's worth playing and Credo is still one of the best boss fights design wise. The obsession over 4 stems from training mode simulator autism which I get but objectively speaking the game is a weak entry

>why do you want to play thqt dreary shit that is 5?
Perhaps OP wants to play an actually good DMC game.

It's worth playing. I had fun with it, anyway.

Yes it's worth playing even when it's an unfinished game.

If someone says 4 is bad just know they got filtered

Just finished replaying 1, save said 4 hours and 58 but the final results 18 minutes instead? anyways despite some nitpicks like the use of Sparda and Nelo dying too early leaving you with only two Nightmare fights before Mundus, KINO.
Expected to hate under water sections and Mundus 1 again but they went quick, will start Hard tonight probably.

Attached: E4BxsPHUcAYJX9p.jpg (1280x720, 92.35K)

I would prefer 4 to be even shorter like DMC1 instead of dumb bullshit like Faults, Gyros and dices.

this
it's trash of the highest order
shit bosses
shit levels
shit enemies, even worse than 3.

Attached: dmc trash.webm (1280x720, 2.43M)

Now post a webm of Arkham or Mundus.

genuinely the worst game in the series

Attached: fuckthis.jpg (1920x1080, 327.86K)

Mundus 2 is just eh, but not bad, turning into Sparda carries the fight.

That's not DMC2
Mundus is pure trash regardless of how you look at it.

those suck ass as well but 4 just takes it a whole another level of fuckery. DMC4 bosses aren't even bosses for the most part, they're just giant hit boxes. Only one worth mention is Credo, even then he's overrated. DMC4 is trash and it tries too hard with the pseudo Final Faggotry aesthetic. Fuck this game and fuck DMC4 fanfaggots. Ninja Gaiden is better anyways

Attached: 6-22-2022_5-06-09_PM-pa3ks5ei_Trim.webm (720x480, 1M)

Agreed, I love DMC1 a ton too. I'm working on S-ranking all missions on DMD. Hope you enjoy going through Hard and DMD, they're really good although some of the later bosses on DMD like Nelo 3 and Mundus are fucking insanely hard.

Attached: 1653304719121.png (370x360, 273.83K)

Dude what if perhaps you post here your real address :DDD
That would be crazy ahah... Maybe you really should so we play some cool Ninja Gaiden together? :DDD

I had fun with it, but I’m not a big dmc fan anyway

why? NG is a singleplayer for the most part. Unless you want to play Sigma 2 online

yes, its worth it and it explains how NERO appeared so youll miss out if you go straight into DMC5, also has a really good OST.
The game falls out as you progress though

>Credo
>Overrated
Shit taste
>the pseudo Final Faggotry aesthetic
Why does this trigger DMCtards so much? Consider that the series always had a fairly anime art style with the exception of DMC5, which went for the hyper realism meme.

That's a dumb question. Play every single DMC . Even 2nd. Even the spinoff.
Play Vergil everywhere too. You can skip ladytrish in dmc4 and Lucia2 though.

DMC 5 does pretty much everything better, except art style, and that's subjective.
Still worth trying out to see the neat concepts they would develop in 5

> Consider that the series always had a fairly anime art style with the exception of DMC5
Die in pain retard.

Attached: 20220610003522_1.jpg (1920x1080, 210.11K)

no you don't get it. DMC1,2(yes even 2 despite being a shit game)and 3 had this gritty, gothic atmosphere and aesthetic to it. DMC4 is too fucking bright and tries way too hard with FF. it's trash
that's all I'm gonna say.

It's a game with lots of issues. Dante is much worse than his 3 and 5 renditions. The enemies are a mixed bag, with some of them being unbelievably one-note and others being entirely too much. Nero is good, but his part of the game is filled with bad ideas. The environments and bosses are repeated way too much. The story feels unfinished and just not enough. Trish and Lady are kind of waste too.

That being said, Nero and Vergil were pretty much ported completely from 4SE to 5 and 4 Dante is very much the prototype of 5 Dante, and there are still story moments in 5 that you'll miss if you don't play it.

So over-all, it's not a waste of time to play it. It just has many problems.

I like it casually, but probably only because I played it as a teen as my first one and thought Nero was cool because he was voiced by JYB.