Why do jap games have such retarded, confusing lore?

Why do jap games have such retarded, confusing lore?

Attached: file.png (2000x1125, 828.91K)

i blame finland

just because your amerishart brain is too dumb for it doesn't mean it's retarded

The japanese aren't known for good writing
That's why they steal everything from western media
Like honestly have any of you read japanese literature that wasn't related to anime or manga in any way?

Because Japan is retarded and will never come close to the true art of writing like the west does

has to do something with finland

>Like honestly have any of you read japanese literature that wasn't related to anime or manga in any way?
I read Confessions of a Mask. It was gay shit.

they think convoluted plot = complex plot
they're also pretentious as fuck, see kojima for example

Reading picrel right now, it's good so far.

Attached: out6._SX318_.jpg (318x447, 72.07K)

>The japanese aren't known for good writing
Tell that to Kawabata, Ibuse, Shiga, Abe, Tanizaki, or Akutagawa.
Or in gaming industry, to the people who wrote Silent Hill 2 or SoTC.

I don't like most japanese pop-culture, but you have no idea how Japanese classics are.

autism

>That's why they steal everything from western media
Hardly. Their brand of fantasy goes off the beaten path more often than not. Not like the hundreds of iterations of Tolkien or D&D in the West.

>Giving a shit about lore in fighting games.
user I....

Attached: robin-hood-robin-hood-men-in-tights.gif (296x160, 1.87M)

they also never read one sentence of philosophy but try to do some cringe philosophical justification for the villain EVERY SINGLE TIME
bastard! is coming out next week. i'll see for myself how much that hack plagiarized it

Attached: 1654273502583.gif (600x338, 196.47K)

>Like honestly have any of you read japanese literature that wasn't related to anime or manga in any way?
I think most people on Any Forums have never read any book that wasn't rooted in popculture PERIOD.
Not to mention most American's have never read a book written in any other language than English to begin with, and even the more academic bodies in US still utterly fail to appreciate fiction from more remote areas.

Japs have some absolutely amazing classic literature, actually. Their literary tradition was extremely closely tied to Russian and Central European schools. People just don't know about it becase when it comes to literature, West is still amazingly arrogant and full of itself.

Higher IQ. It's confusing to you because you aren't intelligent.

Seething obsessed retard. probably ~3 weeks away from painting his (her lol) ceiling red.

>People just don't know about it becase when it comes to literature, West is still amazingly arrogant and full of itself.
Sounds based to me

Seriously? That is how insecure I made you feel with that post? Fucking amazing.

>Sounds based to me
Not really, since the Anglosphere in particular mostly only recognizes it's own work, and anglo literature is probably the most boring shit ever made.
I don't doubt for a second that the reason why anglo's read far less classic literature on average than almost the entire rest of the world has something to do with the fact that they only know anglo shit, and that shit is BORING.

And if the biggest impact your own literary academia has on the society is convincing people not read at all, you are probably doing something wrong.

>we'd rather give up on the entire medium than read stuff by foreigners
This is the absolute dictionary definition of based

I wish the "only 18+ years of old allowed" rule still had any actual impact on this site...

I'm 31 and have a doctorate. I was a pretentious "muh classic literature" guy at 16.

So joggers can't enjoy them.

Attached: test.png (477x372, 93.38K)

>I'm 31 and have a doctorate.
And you post shit like this That is so fucking amazingly childish and retarded that I can't even be annoyed by it. It's literally the "I've heard complaining about foreigners is cool here and I don't understand it at all but I'll say anything, please let me be part of your club!"

I hope for your own sake you are lying about your age, because if you are not, you have a genuine medical problem at this point.

If you are anywere about the age of 20, just using the fucking word "based" is beyond embarrasing as it is. You have managed to take that cringe to a new level of sad.

>nooo you have to take the discussion seriously on an anime website or i'll type essays
Haha, good luck. Nice reddit spacing btw.