Why did this game succeed where harvest moon, story of seasons, and rune factory failed...

Why did this game succeed where harvest moon, story of seasons, and rune factory failed? What did it do better and where should the genre go from here?

Attached: when_is_stardew_valley_1_5_coming_out_5fa627c53e366_1604724677-1441338149.jpg (1200x675, 142.4K)

Jas posters are pedophiles.

I don't think HM/SoS failed, considering the series is still getting games.
Which means someone must still be buying them.
To answer your question, though, you have to consider that Stardew was originally a PC release, and the PC didn't have anything quite like it at the time.

the toolbar

Skinner machine. It’s not a fun game, it’s just incredibly addictive.

hm games hadnt been even decent for a long fucking time

That's literally every video game.
Fun is a buzzword.

>To answer your question, though, you have to consider that Stardew was originally a PC release, and the PC didn't have anything quite like it at the time.
I think it's that and harvest moon had been floundering for a long time up until that point so people were desperate for something. Combine the customization, multiplayer and much needed QoL, along with stardew being a solid game that came out at the perfect time with virtually no competition on pc and its extreme modability to give it longevity and there you go. It's also cheap and small filesize so an easy download with little regret

Winter of year 1. (Yes, I fixed the one wonky sprinkler after taking the pic.)

Attached: Robby_6-22-2022_20195060.png (1408x1280, 1.21M)

there's a mod for big tiddies

I'd say grounded, "realistic" characters. There's a lot of stereotypes there that aren't often portrayed in games.
In other words the townsfolk resonated with people.

Did Jasposter get banned again?

Last thread his "Jas!" post got deleted.

Pretty sure it's OP, which makes these threads feel kinda sad lol
Only reason he makes them usually is to post pedo shit

I'm OP and both you and that fpwp either totally lack self awareness or are falseflagging bait to make the thread all about her again.

Wish there was a total japanese overhaul. Only farm buildings ends up feeling out of place

>In other words the townsfolk resonated with people.
Huh. I'd say the townsfolk and dialogue are the worst part.

Why can't anyone make a comfy modern AWL style farming game? I need muh immersion dammit

>every farming game this side of outright farm simulator must be super exaggerated chibi style with super saturated colors
Suffering

Someone who ritualposts can bypass bans easily. Unless he was rangebanned, then he's fucked

>tfw no farming/adventuring game with furry wives