Anyone else burnt out on games?

>Want to play a big action game for fun gameplay
>Bored before leaving the starting area
>Want to play a big story focused RPG
>Burn out on reading a quarter through and put it away for months
>Play multiplayer game
>Get fucked in the ass by ADHD zoomers and just feel my time on earth slip away to learning what essentually is the same gameplay loop repeated ad-nauseum
>Play comfort zone games la WoW, Dark Souls, Shovel Knight
>Its fun as a time waster, but you don't feel any intelectual stimulus from it, literally like eating junkfood
>Play WoW private server
>Haunted by how ephemeral the server is, and also by the risk of ID theft
>Play a fully-voiced story game / visual novel a la Life is Strange
>Same burnout as with RPGs
>Play an acclaimed classic I never played a la Alan Wake
>Get through most of it and then quit like 30 minutes from the DLC ending, never to return because you sort of don't want to
Anyone else have this feel? I thought that maybe its because of Uni sucking me dry, but now the summer has come and I feel just the same. Did I just get too old for games? I had never had better hardware or financial access to games, and never had a worse motivation to play anything than now. Feeling like that 3000 series graphics card is taunting me with its wastefulness.

Attached: d2i4f15hw6zz.png (1439x1079, 783.28K)

I think games lose their appeal when they're the only way you entertain yourself. I've enjoyed games more when they relate to some kind of genre I enjoy, be it Science Fiction, Religion, Westerns, Post Apocalyptic, Fantasy, Survival, War, etc. I can appreciate a game the way people use to appreciate pulpy novels and allows me to expand my horizon and focus on a game not based solely on it's popularity but if it fits a certain niche.

sneed

To an extent that something I tried, keeping certain games as "books" that I would "read" for a few hours in the evening, while leaving others as time-killers where I could listen to podcasts in the background.

didn't read your long post but I'm gonna assume you're a depressed faggot

Sounds like you need a new hobby

not OP but I have other hobbies, modern games are just shit.
Installed TF2Classic a month ago and it's the most fun I've had with a multiplayer shooter in 10 years.

I'm almost 30. Been playing vidya since I was, what, 5 years old? Been on Any Forums since I was 13. While there's a markedly decrease in AAA game quality, I've found that if you look hard enough, you'll find good niche games that are still fun.

A couple that I play and enjoy to this day, in no particular order:
>modded STALKER
>Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
>Starsector
>Battle Brothers
>Exanima
>Euro Truck Simulator 2
>Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic

You just have to find the games that you enjoy. They're out there, user.

modern games don't bother me, the unholy aliance between corporate greed and blatant marxism does. That has nothing to do with aging because the people doing this to the industry are all old as fuck either mid 30's, Gen X if not actual unironic boomers

I have the oppposite problem, I find myself strangel relating to Zoomers more than my own generation. I have no problem being thay guy everyone makes fun of as long as I get to coom coom in zoom zoom

I missed out in so much due to being a poorfag that the little I do play genuinely seems like a true generational leap to me

>titties good=communism and EA bad

either make a thread about video games or dont make one at all.

There’s no one answer, everyones point below has a bit of truth. Its been an absolutely brutal 4 years though. That said, if you didn’t get into Elden Ring than it’s definitely depression.

Attached: 5DC8C420-3227-40E1-AFF5-739B9D099BF9.jpg (325x325, 26.97K)

You realize that the "marxism" you talk about is literally just companies trying to broaden out their consumer base to the widest demographic. Also remember that most companies are in US and opperate based on US population, so yeah, truly must be Marxist propaganda that a 57% white country has every other character be black, hispanic or asian.

>You realize that the "marxism" you talk about is literally just companies trying to broaden out their consumer base to the widest demographic
Actually, it's companies trying to increase their EGS (ESG?) score to comply with Larry Fink's insane investment strategies so they can get the Blackrock investment bucks.

Burnt out dopamine receptors, that's modern games for you and it'll take years to repair yourself.

I played Elden Ring, but then after finishing it I went back to DS3 and found it to be way better design wise (Although ED has best Soulslike combat thus far). Open world was okay I guess but the legacy dungeons were way too small.

I also went on to play Sekiro after ED as well, and that might have been the most fun I had in years, although I'd rate certain CRPGs higher due to story.

All the people who say this are just getting genuinely overexposed to everything. You indulge in anime too much, you spend too much time here, you probably rushed through a game again instead of doing it slow without a guide, you don't have any other hobbies or goals besides the endless pity parties and woe is me diatribes on Any Forums. You are essentially acting like a demoralized 65 year old and being 1/3 of the age.

Attached: 1379025032312.jpg (990x748, 142.6K)

>if you didn't enjoy demon's souls 7 you are depressed
fromdrones are really something else

>ED
freudian slip? are you okay, user?

There's this communist guy, Matt Christman, and I think he said it best. We are all Muncher. We used to be Slimer - the happy, ignorant and chaotic consumer, joyfully and wothout a wory indulging all of our consumer desires, but that didn't last. We gorged, and over time became disapointed consumers with no more excitement to get. Just like Slimer turned to Muncher - a blue (literally volour of sadness), slow and sad creature, slowly eating plain corn.

Attached: muncher-and-slimer-in-ghostbusters.jpg (1400x700, 131.28K)

Just take a break from games or at least don't center your life around them. This often happens to me after I play a really fun game for a while and then stop, so, now, I don't know what to do, yet there's a lot of time to kill.
I usually fix this by either playing a completely different game to what I'm used to or by doing something else. Currently, I spend most of my time editing my playthrough with a friend and play an hour or 2 of a grindy game while listening to podcasts. Gaming to me right now is mainly just a way to pass the time and after a while of this, I'll come back to games with a less dopamine fried brain.

I don’t know what it was, I’ve loved all the games but Sekiro. Fuck I did not enjoy Sekiro. Got to the second boss and realized I just wasn’t enjoying any of it.
I probably enjoyed Bloodborne the most but damn Elden Ring was a refreshing change for a lacklustre half a decade.

This meme did not age well

burnt out on samey shit, sure

For me, the biggest refresher, and it might sound sad, even more than ER or Doom's, was WoW Classic.

>stay slimmed

You were just too poor to afford burning crusade at the time.

Play turn based games

Here's the thing, I'm actually an early-zoomer, so I only ever started from Wrath private servers

I’m visiting from Biz and that’s not really how the ESG works. Nor does Marxism have anything to do with race, Marx was pretty racist. The obsession with identity politics on this board is weird. Being obsessed with the race of characters because you hate woke creators who are obsessed with diversifying the race of characters…

Attached: F5F61ACE-C9E5-4493-B0D7-F1FBA616D360.png (1000x768, 1.09M)

Take a break from games, do something else, go for a walk, hit the gym, read a book for christ's sake, give yourself some time to recover and then go back with newfound passion.
If that don't work, maybe try and learn a new genre. Try racing or fighting games or whatnot.

>that’s not really how the ESG works
It's exactly how it works. Stick to your shitcoins.

That’s why all the private developers are the wokest?

Attached: 944B38A2-373F-409B-AF4E-8B8B9E8C5EA9.gif (890x655, 1.28M)

Videogames suck nowadays. I'm about to go play Starship Troopers: Terran Command because I watched a couple streamers and couldn't stand their shit gameplay, so I'm going to play the game myself.
Man, do I fucking hate streamers, especially the ones that revile backseating. Fuck those guys.

Attached: 1578572576006.png (1000x994, 597.04K)

What?

You have troon indie developers who are just that, brainwashed troons. And then you have big AAA developers with publicly traded companies who try to tick as many diversity boxes as possible without killing sales. Those are obviously the ones I'm talking about, you dishonest nigger.

You need to either take a break, play different games or engage in other hobbies. I still love games, but I'm extremely picky and most people do not do nearly as much homework on the games they play as I do.
OP, over million games exist, with over one thousand new games released every month. 90% you just play shitty games, but reguardless... you need to chill