Play oot for the first time in years

>play oot for the first time in years
>realize it's actually much sadder than I realized as a kid

Attached: 1633118863465.jpg (600x888, 510.64K)

dilate tranny

>IS CHILD'S BING BING... ACTUALLY LE DARK?!?!

I know that feel user, I loved OOT as a kid but during my teen years I stopped caring about it. I came back to it earlier this year (now in my early 20s) and the themes about growing up hit me like an absolute truck. I think it’s much more poignant when you play the game at young links age and come back to it as an adult

quintessential trannycore

I really didn't understand the sadness of Saria on the bridge as a kid. It makes more sense now.

>ninty trash
I vomited in my mouth a little.

muh childhood

You must be at least 18 years old to post on Any Forums

The tone shifts is what made it such a great experience as a kid. It felt like an emotionally complete experience. Funny that modern games struggle even with day/night cycles and thinking beyond swamp, desert, snow area, etc.
>moody opening
>cute lil elf village with a fun lil maze
>creepy tree, spoopy spiders
>melancholy forest
>epic field (I know it's smaller than I remember, but it felt big)
>jaunty city
>pretty castle
and then, of course, becoming an adult and getting your skull chomped on where those faggot twins used to be screwing around

Please list any other games that did a good job at this.

All the Kokiri wondering where Link went and barely/not recognizing him when he comes back is just depressing.
Of course, Saria gets the absolute worst of it. And then the Kokiri just ceased to exist.
The way the Koroks are treated in BOTW was a disrespect.

I feel like the sadness is at least blanketed by knowing that Link was serving a higher purpose and any sense of loss he was suffering from ultimately is for the greater good with stopping Ganondorf.

How so?

The whole game is a metaphor for growing up.

last time i played was in high school on 3ds. it was way more apocalyptic than i remembered
you're the same type of faggot spamming zanzibart in er threads

The dark parts of oot are pretty obvious, and don't need a 3 hour video essay to explain if you have more than a single digit IQ.

Even my shitty brain with almost no english skills was able to get that saria was the best girl and I was sad to leave that place. I even came back to the woods knowing it didn't had any new content just to see her and pretend I'm catching up to her so she would be lonely.

I wish I had a cute eternal loli gf

Attached: 8962132.jpg (736x935, 81.98K)

KOTOR maybe?

Attached: 1647223209649.jpg (720x630, 35.8K)

Yeah OoT gets kind of dark after the 7 year skip

Bloodborne is the only other example I can think of. Of course, in BB things just go from bad to worse; you're never under the illusion that the world is a nice place.

Attached: 1647222397141.png (878x1239, 1.14M)

thats the fucking dream man.