Matthew

>The interconnected world of DMC3 is still unmatched with 5 being a linear shot to the end.
>DMD is still barebones boosting basic enemies' health to an absurd degree incentivizing players to cheese the game even though 1 showed remixed enemy placements and boosted boss health could provide a fresh challenge. 3 already perfected the continue system, which punished the player perfectly with 5 being a huge step backwards. Boss fights were varied and fun in 3 with 4-5’s lineup more or less blending in with a few exceptions.
>With all that said, It's time to take a trip back to the original Devil May Cry. Devil May Cry is one of those rare genuinely innovative games that did enough new things that's impact can still be felt today. That originality is one of its greatest strengths, but it would unfair to expect every Capcom game to be innovative. The more important thing about Devil May Cry is how cohesive it is. It's Kamiya unfiltered, free to pursue an overarching design philosophy even if that results in a lot of unpopular design decisions. That's what I want for every game developer. Games are much more interesting when they're unshackled by the expectations of a narrow minded fanbase or the financial whims of a publisher. Right now, the series seems to have fallen victim to one or the other maybe both. Either way, replicating the superficial elements of Devil May Cry isn't enough to make a truly great game by itself. It needs more. The style of Devil May Cry lies beneath the surface, it's a culmination of ideas that accomplish something greater. That's not to say it's perfect, but the end result proves you can have it all. Games don't have to be one or the other, when you do it right you can have it all. Unfortunately, Capcom decided to focus on some aspects instead of others. As a result, those games are more easily eclipsed by games who do those things better. Devil May Cry stands tall because it knows what it is: A stylish devil with a heart unrivaled

Attached: C9CA1AA0-D60A-4D1F-ACC6-A473B5A77C0D.jpg (220x281, 23.54K)

The "interconnectivity" of the levels in 3 amounted to nothing gameplay-wise and the DMD in 5 is by far the best it's been since 1. Enemies are much more aggresive but still die fast as fuck because of how overpowered the player characters are, with notable shoutout to Proto-angelo who refuses to die

He is trash at games he likes. Cant take him seriously.

If you can't summarize your point to two sentences maxed I don't care what you have to say.

Attached: Dante and Trish couch.jpg (636x400, 60.63K)

>heres your level design bro!

Attached: lvl design.webm (900x506, 2.81M)

WHO ARE YOU QUOTING?

WHO ARE YOU QUOTING?

Attached: 151514969710.png (395x403, 192.1K)

Matthewmatosis aka the guy who would fight Mundus over Vergil

>Balancing doesn’t matter
Bad balacning is an objective gameplay flaw. Simple as. Would you like if Vergil3 was just him using his moveset from 1 only?
>inv4 whats the point
If it doesn’t matter here, then when does it?

>>The interconnected world of DMC3 is still unmatched with 5 being a linear shot to the end.
Fucking retard. Your interconnected world never worked in 1 and never worked in 3 which just a leftover from re dgelopment era. Could you skip some sections by buying airborne earlier for example? No. Maybe you could return to previous area to unlock blocked path? No. Maybe there is some reason to return to previous areas in 1 except secret missions? No.
While in 5 you have
>missions with optional paths and encounters
>enviornmental destruction to make shortcuts
>you can skip most of the fights in m12 by using your skills

So now that we've beaten the Souls horse to death we're moving on to DMC while once again taking everything he said out of context?

It’s just drive by shitposting.
I’m actually taking a break from Any Forums, only made this thread to see how Any Forums would react.

>nooo he actually doesnt hate dmc5 and he surely doesnt think its garbage

He's not wrong. DMC5 IS garbage.

>larping as contrarian for the shred of attention
Here (you) o, slut

I'm pretty sure he said he enjoyed it. This is unironically the exact same shit with Dark Souls 2. People think he hates it with a burning passion, when just watching the first 2 minutes of his video will make you realize he doesn't and even said that it's a good game. But go off. Keep putting words in his mouth. And even if he did hate it, why should I or anyone care? The guy's a pretentious twat either way, no different than any other shit e-celeb, but for some reason you brainless faggots worship him and take his word as a gospel.

No, DMC5 is the best game in the series follows by 3. No amount of meme glitch mechanics and interconnected horseshit will change that.

And it was kino

>he said he enjoyed it.
Yes must be why some random dude "agrees" with him about DMC 5 and says "fuck it" a sentence later.

Attached: DMCV.png (414x148, 13.77K)

>DMCV
>types retarded shit
Classic

Just like how people "agree" with him that DS2 is shit, even though he never outright said it.

I don't give a single shit about DMC. DMC1 was the closest thing the series ever had to a good game, and even then, it wasn't because of the combat; It was because of the atmosphere.

>It was because of the atmosphere.
Atmosphere alone cannot carry an entire game no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise.

okay retard

>he only implied that the game is trash therefore it doesnt count!!!
Still waiting for a proof that he 'liked' 5.

>NOOOOO you can’t dislike DMCV you must be a contrarian.
This is how you sound. Sure refuted him….

>refute
>game is garbage
>refute
>dmcv
>once again types retarded shit
Lmao.

And I'm still waiting for the proof that he hates it other than some out of context quote where pretentiously talks about what makes DMC1 "good", which just amounts to incoherent rambling no different than something to come out of Whitelight.

I’m not the same guy dude.
Just admit 5 had some flaws.
Stop pretending it’s some perfect action games when it has it’s fair share of flaws, one being too familiar. Second being bad balance obilterating any and all tension.

NTA, but you should also stop pretending like 5 is shit with no redeemable aspects, while putting 1 on a pedestal, when it has far more flaws.

literally who cares

>5th installment in a 20 year old series is too familiar to previous games
>flaw
Roflmao
>bad balance
>Cheese
>bad
user....

I never said that either, don’t put words in my mouth.
Tell me what the game stands to gain by being as badly balanced as it is? Style?