Is it fun yet?

Is it fun yet?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 152.35K)

don't care, they lied to us

it's wonderfully mediocre

reddit the game

No

Grindy, but I enjoyed it.

depends. do you want to play minecraft in space with light exploration? Then it's pretty fun chill game.

Normal or survival? The latter seems like a bunch of monotonous bullshit, but former also seems too easy.

It's the same game but they added shit horizontally instead of vertically. Nothing has improved or changed in a meaningful way, you just have shit like extremely buggy basebuilding and a terrible colony management system tacked on.
It's alright.

lol it wishes it was Minecraft

nu males s0|

personally I didn't get into it but my dad absolutely loves it, he also plays a shit ton of conan exiles so I guess if you are into those types of games it's fun

>minecraft
>can build any block anywhere
>simple as
vs
>NMS
>can build any base anywhere
>place down base computer
>camera not angled quite right
>pick up and replace base computer
>okay whatever it's fine
>confirm base
>10 second shot of the camera flying into the air
>morph terrain to make a sweet flat ground for my base
>place all parts
>come back next day
>all buried and would have to flatten ground again
>simple as

No, the game loop is still the same and it's still largely pointless and just not fun.

the game's not even fucking fun with friends. Glitchiest shit I ever played, somehow worse than single player. Ironic how nobody mentions that on any reviews or posts

It's actually nuts how long he kept the lie going since you could tell he knew what people were expecting when it came close to release and told them to not expect much.

I think many will find it fun for a good while. HG added soo much shit since it released. The recent Sentinel and Pirates update really fleshes out the whole experience also.
It would be great to have humanoid-type enemies to engage in gunfights with, either PVP or PVE. Keep in mind, this is a game you could have a child play, I don't think they ever wanted Star Citizen levels of immersion. With that being said, NMS is enjoyable for what it is.

If you don't wanna grind for money, just hang out in the online hub. Folks tend to give out top-shelf loot/materials so others can make a quick buck.

Any mods you're using that you consider as must have? I only played it at original release and it was pretty bad then, but the fact that they've supported the game (for free) for this long is rather impressive.

If you interested in visuals:
- Dark Space, or whatever blackens space in general.
- Any mods that get rid of ship effects such as speed lines, contrails, etc.
- No High Clouds. Those clouds can look a bit messy at certain distances.
- No Water Foams. same as the high clouds.

I had other mods, which unfortunately broke after previous updates. Those were ones that tweaks the UI and procedural generation for planets. I used one which made huge mountains, but the next-gen update iirc fixed that. If you're interested in building shit, I'm sure there are still many mods out there which expand on the vanilla building experience.

Yeah I saw some mods were broken, a shame but can't be helped I guess. Do those larger mods generally speaking require a new save, or could I start now and eventually install them if/when they get updated?

>Do those larger mods generally speaking require a new save, or could I start now and eventually install them if/when they get updated?
Most mods should have some warning if a restart is needed, but I think most should be fine. Anything that tweaks the proc-gen should be okay, though previous bases you've built could potentially get bugged.

Basically, you can start whenever and you should be able to mod in whatever later.
A possible PITA moment is when a mod is later broken badly, it'll crash the game immediately. If so, just cast aside the problematic ones from the mod folder and the game should run.