Animal Crossing

Why did they stop updating it just when it started getting good?

Attached: latest(1).png (802x1308, 1.57M)

Because the game was finally out of early access.

nintendo in the switch era releases half finished products and only finishes them if they feel like its worth it

Because the devs wanted to move on to other things

/thread

Are they really done updating it?

nips can't into dlc, which has its pros and cons

Attached: 1655546207495.jpg (910x1024, 151.99K)

Yup.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-22 at 21-46-58 Nintendo Re-Confirms No More Major Free Or Paid DLC Coming To Animal Crossing New Horizons - Animal Crossing World.png (797x563, 514.32K)

What about "minor" updates?

Bugfixes only.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-22 at 22-09-14 Animal Crossing New Horizons Update 2.0.5 Patch Notes - Fixes For The Main Game And Happy Home Paradise.png (720x535, 98.59K)

>when it started getting good

Attached: 1390082987781.jpg (500x479, 50.84K)

>instead of constantly updating the game, we have to wait another decade for a half finished Animal Crossing game with no content
T-thanks....

Anyone wants to play with me? I'm so bored

does anybody have a comprehensive list of the things missing from NH that were in the previous installments? I never actually played NL but I know it had a shitload of fruit that isn’t included in NH

exotic fruits, perfect fruits, nook expansions, still a shit ton of classic furniture sets, missing npcs (mainly been replaced by QoL improvements). It took like 2 years to patch shit it like the cafe and you cant work in it like new leaf

Covid ruined this game, prove me wrong.

>hairdresser
>minigames
>making your own constellation
>Resetti
>a handful of shops (no, having a character visiting my island to sell things is NOT a shop)
>most of the Tommy and Timmy upgrades are lost

Soul

reddit/tumblr

Attached: 363a18ba0e4e234059b7d12fa60c8cb2f58343a3.jpg (533x810, 75.7K)

>nook expansions
that's what I really started to miss at first, but I eventually realized with how many furniture sets they cut, having a bigger store with such few options would've just been depressing

Nah, it came out pretty much right as everyone was freaking out about covid and shutting everything down. It would've still been released half baked either way. You could try to argue they could've updated it more, but pretty much any early access game ever shows that it was doomed to get a few half assed patches regardless

They clearly half assed the content releases because they'd already sold way beyond expectations at base release since everyone was locked down in covid and had nothing else to do

>first in the series to be directed by a woman
>it’s the most lacking, empty, soulless, and cheap feeling of the entire IP
care to explain ladies?

You say that like they wouldn't have just been like "oh well, guess nobody wanted animal crossing lol" and dropped it if it didn't sell well

>no 7-eleven furniture set like in ACNL:WA

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

It just couldn't stop being the worst AC game, it wasn't destined to be anything else

Anything happening on your island?

I hate this shit, same sort of bs in Elden Ring where fuckers try to middle-man the system by selling weapons for real currency online.
It does feel good to have the knowledge of using NFC tags, or other means which doesn't require paying some (likely cheaters) for in-game shit I won't give two shits about after a year or so.

Attached: 376578226357.jpg (1601x947, 185.96K)

they went to go work on splatroon 3