This game really isnt that good desu

This game really isnt that good desu

Attached: last epoch.jpg (1280x720, 138.39K)

For a sec, I was about to call this a shitty Korean Gachafest, but then I remembered that's Lost Ark.
I get the 2 mixed up easily.

No shit.
Its actually quite surprising. There really wasnt a single good arpg since diablo 2. All they had to do was follow the simple formula, and they all fucked it up one way or the other. Even shitty dark souls clones did a better job of emulating the original.

Attached: 15366715834210.jpg (526x852, 374.18K)

Titan Quest and Grim Dawn. They might not be better than D2 but they're still good.

every time i go to check if multiplayer is out yet, i get assaulted by this fucking face.

Attached: IMG_20220622_145911.jpg (1080x1497, 274.11K)

more like grim yawn. it's really boring and slow (but still wastes your time less aggressively than POE so I guess its the best on the market currently)

I too understand this specific feel

Wolcen is pretty fun though I’m not sure if it’s out of beta yet

Titan quest was nice aesthetically, but the mechanics were kinda meh. Only played it because there was nothing else back in the day, really dont see a reason to touch it nowadays.
Grim dawn is definitely more polished, but it still has its problems. Not saying d2 didnt, but its been 20 years ffs.

I think LE has some nice systems and some of the classes have some cool ideas but I'm never excited to play any of the content.

I check back every 5 or 6 months for the missing subclasses and multiplayer and I get the impression they ran out of money with how slow they are making progress.

It's just another example of a genre peaking too soon. Happened to FPS (Doom), happened to RTS (AoE2). That said, there are still good games after those, if you're only going to accept something better than the best then you're never going to be happy.

Some of the worst optimization I've seen and I don't even know if I can blame Unity for this since games like RoR2 run better despite being even more of a clusterfuck.

I don't think they're making any slower progress than any other company in the business. Game development is just unreasonably slow across the board.

I check to see if they add multiplayer every few months or so, but yeah the game is meh but i am excited to see what they can do with warlocks or the new falcon class i guess.

They have always been slow. They don't release anything until they feel it is done right.

It doesnt have to be better, but they miss out on such obvious aspects.
Take gear for example, the quintessential core gameplay part of an arpg. In d2 you had several "tiers" of items: white items with no special properties, blue items with a couple affixes, rares with several affixes and finally uniques/sets. Pretty much every arpg follows this rule but they all miss the purpose of those items. In d2 more or less all of those categories had purpose: regular items could be bases for runewords, magic items werent necessarily worse than rares because even though they had fewer affixes, the values they could roll were higher, so for example you could get +3 all skills on a rare when you couldnt on a blue etc. And though uniques were very good you would still use some blues and rares. In all modern arpgs the game throws hundreds and thousands of items at you and most of them are literally worthless by definition. Regular items - worthless after first 5 minutes, blues - strictly worse than rares, worthless after 10 minutes; maybe you'll use a rare(unless you cant be fucked sorting through the mountain of garbage that drops from every enemy, which is understantable). I know PoE has a crafting system but it has its own problems.

>you could get +3 all skills on a rare when you couldnt on a blue
The other way arount of course

Agreed. One of the main pillars of Diablolikes is the loot hunt. Finding loot should always be exciting, rarely disappointing. Every single mob in modern ARPGs gives endless loot explosions full of useless garbage and it is always disappointing.

multiplayer soon bros

I can't explain why, but this game felt kind of bland to me when I played it. It seems competently made in general, but I just wasn't feeling it.