Why is this game so dogshit?

Why is this game so dogshit?
How did it ever justify a sequel?

Attached: 03BA41F1-2CFA-4C54-A937-5DA0F9CA4933.jpg (1920x1080, 396.2K)

Dedicated fanbase and supposedly gibs.

It was made by 33 people

The sequel is somehow WORSE than the first game. It's astounding how the fuck this company can still survive, Risen is alright for it's time but this is just fucking bad.

Elex is one of those games that no one will blame you for hating, not even the fans.
The combat is dogshit, the HUD and RPG elements and mechanics ridiculously terrible to the point where it feels like as if it was made by people who never developed or even played an RPG before and the whole game looks like if someone at PB was given a cool 1-2 million bucks to go wild in an asset store without being told WHAT he's supposed to buy.
And yet after a while it all somehow clicks and gets surprisingly entertaining with a lot of amusing moments and tons of shit to explore.

I can tell it's shit just by looking at that image

Now, as for Elex 2, I have no idea just what the flying fuck happened here.

It looks terrible, even compared to the first one, with some of the most atrocious character models I've ever seen which gets even worse when you compare them to the first teaser trailers.
One of the main characters, Caja, doesn't even resemble her original design at all anymore and they even ended up changing her (probably) unique armor to the generic one that everyone wears.
The environments took a nosedive and are mostly dull forests that only have daisies for flowers unlike the first one that was filled with lilac, poppy and the like, there aren't any cool locations like the totallynotgothic lift, the dam, the dome city or the Cleric base and the whole thing feels smaller and emptier than the original game. Even most of the areas that are back from the first game look like shit in comparison.

The combat system is probably the best that PB has managed to cobble together so far but it's horribly imbalanced in YOUR favor since most enemies don't have aerial attacks anymore and are pretty much screwed when you use your jetpack.
They also seem to be much more passive to the point where even the large raptors even end up running away from you during combat.

All the interesting quests are frontloaded and once you hit like chapter 3 it comes to a screeching halt and devolves into "kill 60 enemies" over and over again.

And to top it all off, the performance is mind-bogglingly bad, even on high end systems. Some people assume that the lighting and shadows are fucked since there's a mod that removes most of the environmental shadows and it ends up doubling your framerate.

Attached: caja.jpg (1145x2580, 886.96K)

>One of the main characters, Caja, doesn't even resemble her original design
I mean, her trailer design doesn't resemble her original design either, it's not like she was ever a redhead.

It's janky dogshit but I loved it, the sequel too. Only problem with the sequel is that they did the Clerics dirty and turned them into a handful of quests. Hopefully in Elex 3 the Clerics are back properly because the Albs are fucked.

I don't think Albs will be fucked. E1 did a lot of foreshadowing for the Clerics' inevitable collapse, meanwhile E2 goes out of its way to tell you that no matter how many of their ranks they have to execute, how many desert for the Separatists, or how many of their soldiers the Clerics poach, and even if they have to destroy their own war machines to stop them from going rogue, the Albs are going strong. But a new splinter faction sounds likely.

Attached: e2.jpg (3840x1080, 1.43M)

I can't decide which was more disgusting, this, or Calaan.

The most disgusting thing was that they removed the piss-stream from the pissing animation.

Attached: 20220313205412_1.jpg (719x887, 233.57K)

HOLY SHIT I didn't even notice, fucking THQ Nordic, man. What is that 18 rating for even.

arent these the guys that made gothic?

How did they fall so low when they coulda been in competition with Bethesda in the top "open world medieval-fantasy sandboxy rpg" genre?

Attached: 876398566797.gif (220x226, 49.08K)

Basically the same as with Croteam: 30-something people studio thinks it can pull off a AAA title on five percent of the budget.

Attached: 1647337388172.png (1849x954, 2.06M)

the day lighting was really fucked up, the game looked really nice at night

Attached: wat.jpg (1497x949, 205.86K)

Small team, barrier of entry for the AAA equivalent of the time was far lower back in the early 00s. Both in terms of budget and manpower.

>How did it ever justify a sequel?
The devs are desperate. Their last half decent game was gothic 2 (maybe 3 if you really strech it). So they have been trying and failing to recreate it all these years. They cant give up because that would mean looking for another job, and they cant move on and make something else they dont have the skills, talent or ideas.

Attached: 15390859095430.jpg (451x604, 47.46K)