Why the fuck does every single game now HAVE to have seasons and battlepasses and limited time lootboxes and all this...

Why the fuck does every single game now HAVE to have seasons and battlepasses and limited time lootboxes and all this other bullshit?
I fucking hate playing a new game, seeing some guy using a cool gun or a neat skin or something only to look it up and it's literally impossible for me to ever get it or use it because I wasn't playing the game a few months ago.
This shit doesn't make me want to play a game, it makes me want to quit because there's a treasure trove of content I will never ever have access to.
It's fucking inescapable. Imagine not being able to do the Dark Brotherhood or Shivering Isles in Oblivion anymore because you didn't play it when it came out.

Attached: 1513241278.jpg (1280x720, 161.88K)

Wow gujjia cute. Any webms of her dancing? I'll also accept Vader webms

because FOMO works. game devs are becoming psychologists who study what makes an addict tick and using that to create these types of systems.

>he's too poor to afford battlepass

Money

What game is that? I don't recognize it.

fortnite

one big reason is a monthly constant stream of somewhat predictable revenue beats random hikes in annual profit graph, increasing investment quality and opportunity

On my Any Forums?

Have you ever tried paying a singleplayer game you disgusting zoomer?

Because it works for a f2p. In terms of cost, it's cheaper than the alternative, or spend nothing at all, all the while rewarding you for playing the game.

>because I wasn't playing the game a few months ago.
And who's fault is that?

Play the game next time. Stop hopping on the bandwagon after the hype ended.

yes, on your Any Forumsagina

Its like MMO subscriptions.

It won't last much longer. EU and UK are legislating and when that happens it won't be profitable anymore.

FOMO 101 to keep people "engaged", for it just repels me.
Same exact thing when GT and Forza started doing exclusive cars only available in a specific time frame and you have to do some tedious daily task to get, i instantly stopped giving a fuck.

Skins aren't content. What you actually missed out on was the experience (like actual irl experience, not the bp unlock currency). This whole game is extremely ephemeral and missing on old bps is nothing to missing out on old iterations of the map and old patches.

This is the same as missing out on experiencing the post war era or the golden age of japanese street racing or when property wasn't stupid expensive or whatever other old shit you idealise. Tough shit. You have to learn to live with it because it ain't coming back.

Fortnite it's one of the miniscule part of games that have a decent battle pass system, you can virtually level it up in any game mode, I just hit lv 100 playing 2 hours Stw.
Let's not forget his BP gives you enough V-bucks to buy the next and as well a net gain of 500 for something else

EA broke the gravy train with Battlefront 2 so the industry had to come up with a new scheme. Of course, now this one is getting enough attention that governments and the EU are noticing it so they'll probably shift again to an even worse model. I actually welcome government intervention at this point, 9/10 times it just makes things worse but the vidya industry is so completely unwilling to be reasonable when not at gunpoint that it just has to be done

Attached: disneyfreak.webm (404x720, 1.97M)

I don't like time limited things either, OP

Attached: 1302537550676.png (500x700, 161.07K)

I mean with lootboxes you can argue it's gambling, but what could possibly be against the law about battle passes?

Brings in more money than anything lse they cold do.

monkey see profit elsewhere
monkey do the same
it's literally not that deep

But the truth about Fortnite for these people is much simpler: you missed it. You never experienced the game of the generation, and now you never will. It really is gone. You had to show up, repeatedly, while it was actually happening, but you didn’t. Epic could bring back the original island, cycle through the seasons, call it Fortnite Classic, and that still wouldn’t be it. Because the essential element of the experience, time, will never be the same. Your time, other players’ time, our shared time, they’re all different now. You cannot experience the game alone, and you cannot experience the game alongside everyone anymore either. That equality of the present tense is over. What is happening? can no longer be asked in good faith. Because there is no more happening, only what happened. Happening is a one time thing. There are no replays, no do-overs. For those who missed it, it’s simply too late.

Attached: 1643506862144.jpg (1080x1256, 547.61K)

brace yourself user
this is the future

>games? where were going we dont need games
>all we need is gaas

Battle passes are fine, loot boxes aren’t.

Buy better games, retard

Attached: 564675679.png (1280x720, 1.55M)

pic unrelated