Actual DMC thread

Didn't remember DMC1 being so short, taking my time looking at all the kino and in less than two hours already got Ifrit.
Also is the orb management supposed to be fucked? can't buy shit, what am I doing wrong?

Attached: EnapUJdVgAEmwdA.jpg (1536x2048, 414.56K)

Killing enemies at higher style rank gives you more orbs, that should help

Haven't gotten a single S even when grouping them together, sometimes they die too quick.

Just like in the sequels, you can save and then reload the game to re-collect orbs.

At least the other games had mission selector.

Just do your initial play through looking around and getting through the game, then if you want go through again harder difficulty and try to improve your score.

When I was younger I remember using the room with 3 fetishes to the left of the colosseum entrance as a grinding spot. I spent so much time in that room that by the end I could fight fetishes way better than any other enemy in the game.

If you know better, you can use neat little tricks to grind in spite of the sinful lack of a mission select menu. Phantom's hallway chase, the phantom baby secret missions, any room that respawns marionettes as you enter, save and load over and over in those locations to get all the orbs you need.

Alternatively, use a guide to learn each mission's time/style/orb requirements to earn special bonuses at the end, which should give you enough excess orbs to buy everything.

I just think the orbs you normally get - things you have to buy and what they cost ratio is good, for example I am encouraged to get purple orbs for my DT but I can barely get moves for my weapons.

>tfw already gone past hallway Phantom

Assuming you're OP and going by the statement that you just got ifrit, your best current grind spots iirc are the yard where fetishes are introduced, and the yard after that right before entering the misty canyon which ends the mission.

Picrelated mogs DMC 1 and 3.

Attached: 51N0J3M6GBL._SY445_.jpg (313x445, 37K)

Why didn't Dante bring Ifrit or Beowulf in 4?

It's better than 1 but worse than 3. NGB overall has a combat system that is too easy to figure out and execute. Wind Run turns human enemies into jokes and against the heavy ones the game literally becomes DaS tier (roll and punish with an heavy weapon)

as usual, the dead franchise-kun can't help himself

don't even respond to him dummies

>>NGB overall has a combat system that is too easy to figure out and execute
>meanhwile DTE and JC killer bee solves 99% encounters in 3

I think it was a pretty big leap over DMC 1 and but I don't think its better than 3, that said I do miss the seroes and hope it returns

Can't have a DMC thread without the resident NG schizo showing up

So you go and get baited giving him what he wanted? you shit the threads as much as him.

Not really, only if you want to take more time to clear encounters. In DMC3 to be efficient you have to use crowd control moves and AoE attacks to mitigate enemy DT and do more damage overall, use taunts to gain DT for DTE, and in general you have some good options when it comes to your loadout. Even if you want to just DPS everything with JC moves, not only there are multiple aerial moves to choose depending on the enemy and loadout, but you still have to manage the enemies health so that they don't enter DT.

I wish I could wipe my mind of this franchise so I could replay them all again fresh.

I think they're both very good games that fill their own niches and it's great to be able to play both of them in a modern world where good games a far and few between

Attached: file.png (220x229, 69.03K)