Daggerfall Unity

>gog.com/en/game/daggerfall_unity_gog_cut
This is pretty fucking based.

Attached: 1625089350251.png (1584x1584, 1.1M)

>fast travel to town
>ask someone for directions to guild
>pick quest
>fast travel to dungeon
>spend 5hrs killing bats and rats to find quest monster and making your way out of the dungeon
>fast travel back
>buy horse
>horse head takes a third of the screen
never again. daggershills can suck my dick

the thing about GoG selling free fanmodded games is real

>pre modded

>Steals mods
Based

>selling
It's free.

Every single mod-maker on that list has given full consent.

>Every single mod-maker on that list has given full consent now.
Ftfy

I use most of those mods so it's not a bad list. Bloat quests are gay and so are bloat additions but it's a fine mod list. What concerns me is traffic not being directed towards the dev's site. If I did a free project like this I'd want people to at least give be some fucking (hit)s.
There's an inappropriately low amount of shilling for the people that actually did the work here.

>includes mods to fuck up the immersive quest log
At least they're including the neo-tedious travel mod.

>that insomnia sale
>games limits and last like 6 hours
I miss the old ones they had. Limited games, copies had to all be sold then it would move to the next, lots of games, chance the game was free for you when you click to buy it, limited games fucking kept people on the site all day long, Jack Keane.

thank god. i wouldn't want to lose the essential mod that let you pet cats

It's a shame tranny modders ruin everything.

Attached: lol.png (1204x448, 173.95K)

>includes mods to fuck up the immersive quest log
can those mods be removed easily? I saw somewhere else that it fucks the quest log up, something about it not adding them properly. I'd like to try this but not if it's not logging my quests right

launch the game and you get a menu where you can just open the mod list and check a box to enable or disable each mods

Dunno how this GoG thing works but on the REAL release yes. The mod interface is fucking excellent giving you manual control of boot orders and shit. The kind of stuff usually relegated to an external manager. Depending on the mod you can even choose all your in-game options in there. For example UI mods will have different choices of appearance changes that you can select. It's really, really good.

I'd have been psych'd at them including DFU base - it would have come off as voicing supoprt for the project. Making it some cagey pre-modded thing gives it a bad after taste and I really do like GoG. Oh well, I'm a gatekeeperfag so while I'm happy to see it get more recognition I'm also opposed to people who haven't picked it up already. They had their chance. You had your chance user, I talked about it for months on end once it was feature complete.

Side note: I fucking hate how the mods are on nexus now and the mod forums are scuttled. Why do that? Nexus is good if it's necessary but the mod forums had soul and were extremely helpful both as a good platform for devs to chat and players to listen in but also to problem shoot or see proper discussion of features. What a waste.
Anything for more normalfag eyes I suppose.

>Anything for more normalfag eyes I suppose.
While you're not wrong, forums tend to make for better user-interactions and thus better development, Nexus is fine for distribution.

Daggerfall is freeware

My dick is abandonware

Make it opensource

the dice rolls are wayyyyyy off. someone made it intentionally much harder for no reason .

Genuine question, if I write a mod that does exact same thing as mods of those people but would give everyone permission to do what they want, how seething those people would be?

Do it and find out, but reading this faggot reddit posts on the subject, he'll just double down on his idiotic stance.

I don't like people judging my code

0%, it's not like you're going to maintain it so GOG won't care and nor will anyone else. They've had very similar mods competing before and it caused 0 drama. In fact whomever had their mod decline in popularity would usually fuck off to some other idea or project and let the winner iterate and maintain the version they had.
Someone needs to bring back the ironman mods though.