Find item that unlocks next area

>find item that unlocks next area
>in next area find item that unlocks next area
>repeat 15 times
>"thanks for the $60 gaijin :)"
defend this game design

Attached: metroid-dread-screenshots_vk7u.1080.png (1080x608, 931.78K)

what's with the dread schizo today? did they announce a dlc or something?

Or maybe its not as good as people say it is especially when you compare it to hollow knight/ blasphemous

as opposed to
>go right until you beat the game

but nobody is talking about it
literal 0 threads

user score says it all
dread is overrated by tendie reviewers

Attached: firefox_zf7Mb6klTt.png (920x852, 210.03K)

>specially when you compare it to indie shit
oh fuck off shill

Metroid Dread can't commit to giving players an action-packed power fantasy or a suspenseful adventure against the odds. It's quick, short, and snappy, all things that can be good when used right, but not at all what Metroid Dread set out to deliver.

how does it matter if its indie or not, if its fun its fun

wow I didn't think dread would have more reviews I thought nobody gave a shit about it

I love this game so much and I hope that everyone reading this enjoyed it as well

I'm amazed it costs $60. Is it worth it? 2D Metroid games offered ~10 hours playtime.
On the DS those kind of games sold at around $40.

why not just pirate

to be fair it's expected since it outsold hollow knight in less than a year. both are pretty good tho

The only original idea in the entire game is "hey, what if we made the bosses threatening and good for once in this series?".

Gee.. sounds like classic Zelda formula. And Rpg Mcguffin hunting to progress story.

I only played Super and Fusion. But aren't most Metroids abiut unlocking new abilities to go to other areas where even more abilities can be found?

I mean that is generally how most single player video games work. Dread launched quite awhile ago, so your complaint is not going to affect sales. People go into Metroid games expecting new abilities to unlock new areas which also unlocks more abilities. You may argue that other Metroids had more sequence breaking, but in the grand scheme of things that doesn't really change much in regards to what objectives need to be completed to beat the game.

If it ain't your cup of pee, don't drink it.

>today
he's been shitposting about it for months, he might be the same tranny who's making all these botw threads too

Metroid Dread is literally the best selling Metroid game in the franchise.

Cope, seethe, and dilate.

Totally. I get at least 5 good runs if not more out of it. Metroid games tend to be about exploration on first playthrough and then speedrunning on your next. I try to go fast, sequence break, memorize routes and try new bold tricks. It feels really good to get a run under a specific time and finish it in a single sitting.

I never understood this. There are tons of games that are under 10 hours. Mario 3 and Double Dragon for nes can be beaten in under 5 hours. Donkey Kong Country, Sonic 2, Resident Evil games. All under 5 hours, retailing for full price.

If you don't ever replay games then yeah that sucks. Outside of Rpgs, no one wants to play a platformer that takes 60 hours to beat.

People are more likely to replay shorter games more often than longer ones.
Whether you play a 30 hour game twice in one year or a 5 hour game six times in a year, you are still getting 60 hours of gameplay from your purchase.

Probably the same batch of people trying to insight Hollow Knight vs Dread shitposting back when it launched. These schitzos are really fucking committed.

Work
>find piece of information that unlocks next piece of information and actionable task

History of science and discovery
>discover new process, technology, or land
>the new discovery unlocks additional discoveries once new material is integrated into existing

Defend this world design