DICE’s new boss says it has ‘no time’ for Mirror’s Edge-style projects: ‘We’re focusing only on Battlefield’

>DICE’s new boss says it has ‘no time’ for Mirror’s Edge-style projects: ‘We’re focusing only on Battlefield’
videogameschronicle.com/news/dices-new-boss-says-it-has-no-time-for-mirrors-edge-style-projects-were-focusing-on-battlefield/

Attached: per-haagensen-mec-keyart-3-small.jpg (1920x1080, 513.33K)

Good, leave it alone.

Good. Mirror's Edge is one of those games that only works once. Like Dead Rising. It's a novelty, doesn't have the legs to be a franchise.

They'd fuck it up, so probably for the best.

good, let it rest, it deserves it
current EA would make it even worse

Aaaand? Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

good. let it rest in peace.

How much effort can Battlefield products take? They feel machine-manufactured, surely they have an algorithm to fill in most of the work by now, no?

I'm surprised some indie dev hasn't tried making a spiritual successor to Mirror's Edge by now.

Its not like mirror egde catalyst was anything I wanted to have a sequel anyway. They can bury the game as a quirky 3D plataformer with a mediocre sequence for all I care.

I never tried the sequel

It goes on sale really cheap, it's decent but didn't need to be open world.

I wish Dice and EA would cease to exist. Nothing of value would be lost.

Attached: 8ccf1dd2dfe12653d53cb79364c5a87c84f446836ec3dacdf920ebb9c3364063.jpg (1024x758, 67.31K)

That’s fine. They’d try making another open world abomination.

You are beyond stupid if you think any indie studio has the money to get mirror edge aesthetics

But it worked twice already.

Maybe they should make something else since focusing on battelfield isn't going well for them.

sweaty faith _____

thrown away activision and microsoft games and tencent companies too the video gaming industry would finally go back to the 2000's

On the one hand, I really want a new Mirror's Edge game.
On the other hand, given how awful the latest Battlefield was, I don't know if I would want current DICE developing it.

Weapon Balancing
Psyhics
Good map design
Good UI
Designing outfits for the classes that are period appropriate, stylish and distinct for each faction
Voice work
Vehicles
Sound Design
We probably aren't getting another single player campaign so we can cross this off

It feels machine manufactured now because of how shit BF5 and 2042 are. BF1 was okay.

why can't other companies have "no time"?
>sorry bros we can't shit on sonic anymore
>sorry bros we can't shit on megaman anymore
>sorry bros we can't shit on dark souls anymore
>sorry bros we can't shit on elder scrolls anymore
>sorry bros we don't have time for ubiclap towers anymore

Attached: 1651016134596.jpg (225x224, 6.89K)

Given how much they fucked up the sequel/reboot, that's fine. Some indie will pick up a spiritual successor at some point.

>We probably aren't getting another single player campaign so we can cross this off

No campaign, no buy.

Mirror's Edge is a cult hit, meaning its not a major money maker or important franchise so they can afford to ignore it. The thing with Sonic, Megaman, Dark Souls and Elder Scrolls is that those franchises are all the mascots/main IP of their respective brands

Stop being a child, they do that when they know they consumers will go apeshit if they release something bad. When they don't need to worry about the consumers we get terrible "additions" like the new soul calibur.

Retards with no reasong comprehension ITT don't seem to be able to see the big picture. DICE is now just "the Battlefield studio". Not that it really matters much since all the talent has run off no, but it does sadden me that they aren't even allowed to try to do something new.

Attached: 1655906671923.png (581x1024, 625.16K)