Was the original Battlefront 2 really that good...

Was the original Battlefront 2 really that good? In fact were the original Battlefront games actually better than the EA versions?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 191.34K)

>In fact were the original Battlefront games actually better than the EA versions?
Yes and never ask this again.

Then is nobody even playing the old BF games?

they were ok, it's only looked back upon so greatly because of the nostalgia. Same reason Halo 2/3 are so shilled too. Tbh overrated if we're being honest

I literally cannot tell because I've played the old games to death and no longer enjoy them. I had more fun with them when they were new compared to the new ones but I was also a child, so everything was more fun back then.
Dear God I miss fun.

still plays the instant action stuff on my work laptop when the boss is away

Yeah, it was really fun. Even single player, actually more so than the multiplayer. I hate to admit it, but mechanically EAfront 2 was the better game by the end of its development. The only real issue being that almost every map was hot fucking ass and claustrophobic as fuck and vehicles suffered because of that. OG Battlefront 2 had some God tier maps and better vehicles. Hero3s were miles ahead in EAfront 2 and had the superior Hero modes as well. I think at least 2/3rds of the time I clocked in at that games was in Heroes vs Villains. There was a surprisingly high skill ceiling to them as well, you could absolutely dominate in lobbies if you understood the characters well enough.

There is still no other game out there where you can fight in space, land inside the ship, and fight inside of it, all in one map, no loading screens.

The old Battlefronts actually have much better maps than the new ones. Most of the EA maps suck with a few gems but I really can't think of a terrible Pandemic map.

I think 1 had better gameplay than 2. Combat in 2 is way too centered around rolling. The only thing 2 has over 1 is space battles and far better maps.

Pandemic made some good symmetric maps like Cloud City.

and droidekas not being fucking tanks

You can make an argument for Battlefront 2 (2017). There is no reality where Battlefront 2015 is better than the originals.

>In fact were the original Battlefront games actually better than the EA versions?
fuck yeah they are, especially 2
>no lootboxes
>four factions right at the start to choose from
>campaign that actually has you play the bad guy all the way through
>hunt mode in instant action is more than just hunting ewoks at night
>vehicles aren't a powerup that you have to pay points for every time you die, same for heroes.
>speaking of heroes, 32v32 hero vs villain map. clusterfuck of chaos, force lightning and guided rockets

If EABattlefront 2 didn't stop getting updates after covid, with a roadmap still to this day, it would probably be the best star wars shooter. All the new content drops were great besides a broken as fuck Anakin that they later fixed.

battlefront 2 2017 is good, rather it became good after the collective autism of star wars fans told EA to fuck off with their lootbox bullshit

>collective autism of star wars fans told EA to fuck off with their lootbox bullshit

Is that really what happened? I remember them doubling down on it as hard as possible until daddy Disney told them to fuck off.

Multiplayer Galactic conquest is one of the most fun game modes ever made.

>I remember them doubling down on it as hard as possible until daddy Disney told them to fuck off.
why would disney have told EA to fuck off if not for the outcry of autism?

then again this was around the time the EU was getting uppity about lootboxes in video games in general, so it's most likely a mix

Attached: 1648058720435.png (305x338, 149.26K)

PR people did a lot of doubling down on twitter but at the and of the day the lootboxes were gone

>Was the original Battlefront 2 really that good?
It was ok for the time and for what I wanted to do in star wars as a kid. Playing it now, the combat isn't as fun for me.

user, it's almost 2 in the fucking morning, the people that played it growing up have jobs and shit now.

It doesn't get played online on any service at all. At all! And no people using some sort of program or launcher that only a hundred maybe at most know about isn't the same thing.