It still fucking hurts

It still fucking hurts.
it would've been nothing like Silent Hill proper, but it would've been a really cool horror game of it's own right.

Attached: Silent Hills.png (1280x720, 567.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/folder/sgkhTK6I#EhVoUzCJ-sAQYZksfET6uQ
youtube.com/watch?v=j5Ic2z3_xp0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't think I would've liked a Silent Hill game with the amount of sweaty closeups on the lead's face the like that Death Stranding got.

why did they fire kojimbo?

Disagreed

Kojimbo is the Tarantino of gaming, he's a good dev but subtleness is not his forte and that's what psychological horror games need the most

He'd be better off trying his luck at a resident evil game

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-06-16-05h23m09s797.png (640x358, 270.24K)

I agree in theory, which is why I don't think he's a good fit for Silent Hill, but somehow P.T was very effective, especially considering how limited it was in reality. I think collaborating with Del Taco and Junji Ito might have reigned in Kojima's autism a bit. At the bare minimum, it would've still been the best Silent Hill since after 4.

Enjoy this user

mega.nz/folder/sgkhTK6I#EhVoUzCJ-sAQYZksfET6uQ

Attached: 1598753674237.png (1280x720, 831.75K)

I appreciate the gesture but I still have PT on my PS4. It's just a glimpse at what could have been, and it hurts. It's been EIGHT YEARS and I'm still just as mad.

Attached: 1655417993663.png (462x433, 407.43K)

See I was never that fortunate. I didn't get a PS4 until a year later due to being a poorfag high schooler with no job.

Unreal PT is close enough. From what I could tell, the lighting is just a little off. The only thing that looks notably worse is the baby in the sink, he looks a good deal shittier in the Unreal remake. Either way, P.T's real value is in the experience when it came out, and as the demo of something bigger that will now never be. As a standalone horror game, it's lackluster, but god damn would the full game have been something else.

P.T was some amazing horror, like a simulation of psychosis, an insane acid trip nightmare, if Silent Hills was able to do that for a full length game it would have been incredible. At least we got Death Stranding.

Being poor is not a problem, being a dumb nigger is. My poor ass just got one way after and jailbreaked it

>why did they fire kojima?
>they
Nigger you better write your subjects or stop posting. None of this lazy ass ebonics sentence writing where you make people guess what you mean.
>Why did Konami fire Kojima?
They fired his ass because he wasn't making money for the return on investment (ROI) compared to mobile game development for games like "Dragon Collection". Konami's decision was to either keep giving Kojima lots of money that inflated overhead costs for a title release and hope make more money upon release (which was being less and less so with costs of game development going up and up over the years). Or keep the cost of development cheap and get more revenue for a mobile game given the market was emerging and casual gaming was overtaking otherwise then traditional video game market consumer segments? Kojima had to go at some point.
It does. Fox Engine was the most amazing thing that had me think to myself "this was what I was hoping video games would reach in graphical fidelity as a kid. After this it's all about game mech and design."

Attached: 929.png (1920x1200, 320.13K)

Kojima's games were the one area Konami wasn't losing money in regards to actual console game development. In fact, MGSV GZ already made back a large chunk of the MGSV development costs before TPP had even launched.
I imagine the costs were some of the reason, but given the aftermath of his firing, it seems more likely to be internal drama.

MARY WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?!?!?

Silent Hill with Sony and some Japanese studio involved is still coming.

I am convinced that Kojima and Del Toro would have created something good at least. It would have been at least better than what came after 4.

I disagree. If Anything, it was gonna go the "Hollywood horror movie" route by what we got to see in Death Stranding. It would have been, at best, been carried by the other people on his team, especially if Junji Ito was gonna be involved designing shit. Kojima is genuinely a shit writer. He just happens to have SOME cool ideas, sometimes, but not most of the time.

>It does. Fox Engine was the most amazing thing that had me think to myself

youtube.com/watch?v=j5Ic2z3_xp0

Let me introduce you to the RE Engine.

Literal black magic put on Earth by the talented developers at Capcom.

It can do anything. From fighting games to fast-paced action and everything in between (arcade stadium).

Attached: 1604452877956.jpg (400x438, 20.32K)

>RE Engine
>not REngine
What a waste

>it would've been nothing like Silent Hill proper, but it would've been a really cool horror game of it's own right.
absolutely nothing pointed to this. PT as shit and thats not silent hill. You can tell by the title that he had no idea what the fuck is he even talking about. There are not SILLENT HILLS you dumb chink. Original Games dont have multiple dimensions. You would know this if you actually played the game or even watched a brief plot summery.

>subtleness is not his forte and that's what psychological horror games need the most
so how did he hit it out of the park on his first attempt, to the point where his 30 min demo is still discussed 8 years later?

They specifically stated that P.T wasn't representative of the final product you retard. I'm 100% aware that SH1-3 weren't multiple dimensions, but there is nothing to state that Silent Hills would've been such, and even if it was, SH4 already sort of did that with the dream worlds. That doesn't matter though because like I said, Silent Hills obviously would not have been proper Silent Hill, I just lament the loss of a horror game from Del Toro, Junji Ito, and to a lesser extent Kojima.

I'd actually say Kojima is really good at subtlety, he just makes everyone think he isn't by drenching his games in overt text and hiding the subtext.
And even a lot of his overt stuff gets misconstrued.

i thought mgsv made enough money to be considered profitable especially since ground zeroes is sold as standalone and is pretty much a single mission that can be done in an hour

>It can do anything.
It can't animate expressions properly after all these years and almost every game released with it has some graphical problems. DMC5 is legitimately the only one that came out unscathed, and even then Vergil looks awful compared to the actual irl model because the face mapping is so bad.

You are really fucking young or naive if you think it would end up like that. Kojima is a fucking liar and he juggles ideas and concepts. Just because he mentioned hey we might get Junji Ito, doesn't mean they would actually do it. It's just fans hoping and latching onto anything but Tomm Hullett. You got your PT game and its called death stranding. I'm being serious about this. Whatever he had on his mind as a concept for horror was 100% in death stranding. Including the baby.
> but there is nothing to state that Silent Hills would've been such, and even if it was
>silent hills
again...its in the fucking tittle. You can also watch that IGN interview about multiple silent hills and multiple horrors where he pretends like he even has an idea on what wants to do except multiple dimensions and doppelgangers.

Also 4 doesn't break the rules completely. It's jus the reverse. Instead of the nightmare being projected into the real world, here its the real world being sucked into the Walters nightmare and inner world.

Death Stranding wasn't anywhere near the horror in P.T you dipshit, and whether SH4 breaks "the rules" or not is highly up for debate, mainly because it hinges on the cult's deity and spiritual energy having any "real" power, or it all being Alessa. In SH3, the nightmare being projected onto the real world, despite it being in what is presumably Portland, not Silent Hill, is easily explained because Heather is Alessa, but in SH4 Alessa is entirely out of the picture, yet people all the way in South Ashfield are being sucked into the nightmare. This would only really make sense if the cult's mysticism has some degree of real power beyond Alessa's projection, which I personally believe to be the case, but you are acting like it's more concrete than it really is.

I'd strongly prefer to have gotten the cancelled 2013 SH game that was starring at least some of Team Silent (namely Masahiro Ito) but Silent Hills would've been cool in it's own right.

Attached: 1644451233543.png (286x350, 136.29K)