The original script for Harvester (1996)...

The original script for Harvester (1996), that contains a lot of unused concepts (and it's missing a lot of dialogue which is present in the final game), has been published online by Aarno Malin.
twitter.com/AarnoMalin/status/1539219566064283656
archive.org/details/harvester-the-script

Attached: 154840-harvester-dos-front-cover.jpg (800x920, 121.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/Harvester#Unused_Character_Portraits
youtube.com/watch?v=WTER64Z4oTc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Based

What are the most noteworthy changes & things that didn't make it in?

>a harvester mod that adds all cut content
Why yes, I would like to have that, OP. Thank you for asking.

Attached: great shit.jpg (1070x820, 647.42K)

Glad to have this, I was looking for it not to long ago after seeing those level 4 lodge videos.

The page 64 of the script has lines for Mr. Pastorelli, an Italian character who only knows Italian that never speaks in the actual game (his unused portraits are still in the game), and that were supposed to warn you that Harvest is not a real town.
The implication being that he was a real person. This characterization was likely removed to make Stephania the other only real person in the VR simulation.
The page 72 has a mention to an alternative way to get the cloth. You could burn down the house of the Wasp Woman during daytime to distract the firemen, and kill the dog while you are at it. You cannot burn the house down, and you cannot even hurt the dog (but there are animations for the dog running away after being hit, which go unused).
Page 15 has a mention of a generic deputy blocking a road out of town. The character does not appear in the game at all, but there are some sprites for him (GENDEPT) in the base game that go unused. tcrf.net/Harvester#Unused_Character_Portraits
Page 44 mentions that Mr. Pottsdam is naked in the meat locker. And he was filmed that way, G. P. Austin directed the live action segments. The pants were added in post-production.

Attached: Harvester - The Script_0064.jpg (2481x3509, 721.19K)

be careful OP, last time I made a harvester thread I got banned for a whole day. It didn't break any rules so I can only assume jannies hate this game.

This sounds really familiar. Was this leaked a long time ago?

No, but most of those points were covered in the
Lodge Level 4 YouTube channel. I got the "Generic Deputy" part from the /vr/ thread.

nice
i unironically like harvester as it is but this will be interesting to read

Just FYI: Harvester was heavily influenced by the 1980s horror/comedy movie "Society".
I'd highly recommended it to Harvester fans who want to see were they got their "inspiration" from. It's very good. :)

Attached: we live in a.jpg (814x1268, 278.29K)

Oh hey, I'm the one that threw those pictures together on /vr/.
A couple of other things I can recall from reading through everything:
>Second point is in this pic is here youtube.com/watch?v=WTER64Z4oTc
>There was supposed to be a bus driver that shuttled the kids into and out of Harvest. It was the only thing that could enter and leave the town. You could try and get on the bus, but the driver would mace you if you attacked him and you'd be arrested.
>There was a time-based system that affected when events would happen and how daily routines would work. Cops would do a patrol and you could get arrested doing a crime if they were nearby on patrol.
>There was also a crossing guard and a small scene around her. Nothing major.
>When you get the lodge application by helping Boyle get back his arson evidence, he gives you a package that has the military guy's lower half in it. They didn't say what it was used for.
>You could sleep anywhere to recover health, even if you were in the lodge. However, you needed one of two items, a sleeping bag or sleeping pills. If you slept in an area that wasn't secure, you could get attacked when you wake up.
>You used to be required to dispose of bodies on the first and second floors of the lodge as a means of training you to be a serial killer. Methods included burning them in a fireplace, chopping them up in a bathtub, throwing them to the water monster (where you could also clean your skin from the acid if you jumped in), or throwing them into a lava pit. Failing to dispose of the bodies would result in the Sgt In Arms taking one of your weapons and eventually killing you.
I can think of a couple more I'll put in the next post.

Attached: harvester.png (1683x600, 168.97K)

bamp

you were always such a kiddy fiddler steve

Attached: DJbsoujVYAIhlvw.jpg (1024x569, 85.27K)

>The lava room mentioned in this post, I think, was supposed to be where the coals room was where you need the plank. You had to make jumps similar to Megaman style block sequences.
>The firemen were supposed to have their own cutscene. If you go up the firepole at night, you'd see pic.
>Your younger brother was supposed to show up in the lodge. There's also a few cut rooms and monsters overall, like a giant spider in the fireplace room.
>There was supposed to be a peaceful way to knock Mr. Cain in the lodge out instead of plucking out his eyeballs. You'd make knockout gas and pump it into the room. It was harder but meant for "letting the Harvesters see how far you were willing to go for a stranger's life, or something like that.
>Karin's sidequest was completely optional and intentionally gave no rewards. If you didn't find her in 3 days, you'd find her mutilated corpse in the cemetary.
>Some of the actors in the lodge were cut or repurposed characters from the game.
>>The secret service guy next to fat Elvis was the original model for Sheriff Duane.
>>The war veteran was supposed to be the bus driver before being replaced by Mr. Pottdam's actor.
>>The cut generic deputy is the final version's gladiator. The old people were supposed to be a fight where they would beg for mercy. If you showed them mercy, they'd do heavy damage to you.

Attached: fire.png (367x163, 58.65K)

why did he do it

And here's the Hank room mentioned. There might be other stuff I'm not aware of but I haven't actually played through the game myself so I might be misremembering.

Attached: hank.png (362x95, 33.93K)

I remember reading about the Pastorelli thing a while back.

>youtube.com/watch?v=WTER64Z4oTc
Isn't that cutscene related to Steve's fight with his mirror clone?

Overwhelming urge to molest/fap to little kids that transcended his desire to not go to prison.

Yeah, maybe "second point" wasn't the best way to describe it. The second point from the script in that picture is related to that video. The first two points in that picture (first one from script, first one from TCRF) are related.