Re8 ends with Ethan's daughter being trained to fight BOWs

>re8 ends with Ethan's daughter being trained to fight BOWs
>we prototype now!
>next game is a shitty Silent Hill ripoff where your powers are useless and the goal is to get rid of your powers because "boo hoo hoo I didn't ask for this, woe is me why was I born with awesome superpowers!?"

Attached: 1622764527723.png (981x1024, 1.02M)

>next game is horror instead of action flick
good

>getting scared by video games
You have to be 18 to post on this site.

t.zogbot

it's (supposedly unplanned) dlc so they're not developing a bunch of mold abilities, just giving rose ethan's guns

>next game
It's a DLC retard.
Next game is gonna be Chris fighting BSAA Europe and ending the main series

>thinking RE will end when capcom can still make money from it
Talk about retarded.

Why would you make a shitty rushed DLC with a half baked story when you can make a new game with new mechanics that fans would run to buy?

Note
>ending the main series
Capcom will just keep milking the remake line and make a new continuity. Please remember that the list of RE games up until 2024 is
>Resident Evil Outrage (was 2022, but probably got cancelled)
>Resident Evil 4
>Biohazard Apocalypse (RE9, Q42023, so probably January 2024)
>Resident Evil HUNK
If the last one doesn't get cancelled like every other HUNK game, it'll probably be set as a prequel considering HUNK would be in his 70s in the current timeline.

>rushed
They announced the DLC over a year ago and it's set to come out in October of this year.
Hardly call that rushed.

>Next game is gonna be Chris fighting BSAA Europe and ending the main series
Bruh, you have to be mentally ill to think they are going to end the main series when they can just keep making up new companies and new bioweapons.

1. please non-autists (most players of a 6 mil selling game)
2. that game is probably in dev right now, hence the lazy dlc by a small team as the two big re teams make re4 and re9

They're not going to stop making new games with old characters retard. Trying to create a new franchise with new characters when you've got half a dozen well loved characters is stupid.

>reboot the franchise with REmake 1-4
>set some in universe spin-offs in that continuity
>branch out so you can keep Wesker and Umbrella as the big bads for another decade
Ever since RE5, the series has been doing pump and dump antagonists outside of "The Connections", whom we know nothing about beyond one BOW they developed, two employees, and the name of their founder.

Resident evil 7 and 8 have segments ripping off PT. Not that I'm complaining, the puppet mansion with the Baby chasing you was fun.

>please non-autists (most players of a 6 mil selling game)
There are a hundred million autists in the world and they make up 90% of the gaming community.

whatever keeps you light on

Yeah but an entire DLC set in a character's mind where the world warps with their mood and enemies are based on their fears? That's literally Silent Hill. I don't buy Resident Evil to play a shittier Silent Hill.

then don't play it
i'm not wowed by some cw shit about le angsty boolied special powers girl either
those stories are pure cringe made for 30 yo roasties

This is a nutty theory, but calling it:

They're going to take advantage of the retconned, reimagined timeline of games and turn a few of the OG characters into bioweapons so that Capcom can continue milking them in future titles for years on end without having to worry about them aging
and retiring or whatever. Ethan was the prototype for this concept, and Capcom's way of testing the waters for this potential possibility.

My guess is that Leon will be the first one to become a BOW in the RE4 remake, since he's immensely popular with men & women alike and is about to become the face of the franchise for the new generation of fans thanks to RE2 remake and the upcoming RE4 remake. RE8 also shares a lot of gameplay, aesthetic, pacing, and story beats from both the original release and scrapped beta builds of RE4, so it would be surprising if Capcom utilized RE8's development process as a testbed for the things they want to do with RE4's remake. Keep in mind the game's also retconning the previous lore to connect it with 8's mold backstory, as noted by pic-related.

It doesn't help that the not-E3 trailer also put strong a strong emphasis on Leon getting infected and "receiving their most sacred body" either.

Attached: 4vvcndx0za391.jpg (1952x1007, 202.93K)

The next game is codenamed "Resident Evil: Apocalypse." I hope it's apocalyptic like the films so I can bathe in the tears of "muh RE isn't post-apocalyptic" types.

Attached: Muh Center Framing.jpg (1280x544, 138.51K)

Didn't the leaks suggest half of the US was a containment zone for infected zombies or something of that sort?